Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Depressing reading

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
AB

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:47 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whatever happens in the end ,I consider that morally Lancs are champions due to the time lost to weather.Great effort by the team in this match so far and just a shame Notts have capitulated so tamely.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Artois said:
Whatever happens in the end ,I consider that morally Lancs are champions

Will that be on the trophy? :lolol:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
They obviously selectively forget that we could have had someting like 70 odd more points if we'd taken about 6 or 7 more wickets in the drawn games this season. No doubt some of those games were at some point affected by weather/bad light! :salute:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patel out to a truly dreadfull shot and those Southern public school nonces are singing that truly awful Sussex by the sea song, Notts deserve to go after this showing truly woeful even at the expense of Yawnshire or Lehmanshire as we should call them, how Mushy was not selected for Pakistan this year is beyond me.

Southern Public School Nonces....well that has told you lot.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I love bitter losers in sport. It's GRrrrrrrrrrrrEAT.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh... I thought this was about Reading in Berkshire, I was just about to say how much I agree about it being depressing.

Rain rain go away, come back another day.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
How about this:

Look, please stop having a pop at Sussex or Notts, posts will be removed. This is an officially owned site and registered posters on here should not be calling the other teams cheats or referring to them as pathetic. Sure we are unhappy with things, but that is no excuse. If people wish to rant and rave and say things that aren't allowed on here, then vent on another board please.

Sounds fair enough.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I fail to see how the Manchester climate is Sussex's fault. What are we supposed to do, walk off the pitch in the Hove sunshine 'coz it's raining at Old Trafford?

As for the morality of champions - it's the 'moral championship' which actually counts, ain't it? Well they can have it - we'll just have to try to be satisfied with the actual title, and the trophy that comes with it. It's a consolation, I suppose. :smokin:

Herne Hill Seagull said:
I fail to see how the Manchester climate is Sussex's fault. What are we supposed to do, walk off the pitch in the Hove sunshine 'coz it's raining at Old Trafford?

As for the morality of champions - it's the 'moral championship' which actually counts, ain't it? Well they can have it - we'll just have to try to be satisfied with the actual title, and the trophy that comes with it. It's a consolation, I suppose. :smokin:

The cheque for £100,000 helps take the edge off not being moral champions too. Have Lancashire annexed Chesterfield recently?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Congrats to Sussex, more deserved this year than it was in 2003 when we were the best team. We just haven't had a good enough second half of the season.

P.S. Notts fully deserve to be relegated after the rubbish they served up, may their mistakes be a lesson for us and Sussex to learn.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
A few years back TRIGGER and I were having a quiet pint with our friend Carl Hooper when Dominic Cork tried to muscle in on our cosy threesome.

Prior to that Corky had been telling everyone that was in earshot how Sussex would never win the title, how Brighton was full of Queers and basically acting the TWAT that he truly is. Needless to say most people in the pub at the time viewed him in the same contempt normally reserved for a Norman Baker type charachter.

Well Corky, yet again Sussex boys get the better of you, now its time to f*** off to the useless Cricketers retirement home (i.e Sky) where you can vent your splene to your hearts content bitter and twisted in the knowledge that you have won f*** ALL in your career and have been DICKED 3 times now by the county you hate the most.

(PS Carl Hooper is not really our friend I made that bit up)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here