Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Depleting attendance

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Quite a few in the east towards the south. These are the tickets that are on sale match by match and this game was supposed to be sold out so what heppened? Did people buy a match ticket and not turn up?

Those are the complimentary tickets and once the clubs start dishing them out to youth clubs when they return to training then those seats will get used.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
With us not being able to fill all of the seats for only our second home league game, we'd be looking at 8000 empty seats each week until we got a big team in the cup.

The game was sold out yesterday - 2 fella's behind me moaning that there mates couldn't buy tix as all sold - so there is a good argument for extension ('cept transport debacle) apart from the freebies the others are STH's not showing up - as I said earlier I reckon tix exchange will sort a lot of that and make the guys wanting to pay game by game happier too

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Christ are people really that stupid to think everybody and the 1901's will be at every game and all season ticket holders will be?
Yes our capacity is 2500 but nobody ever sells out completely,the coporate seats will always have a fair few missing and upto 500 a match.Every match this season will be between 19,500/22,000,even when the awayend is sold out the crowd will be around 21,600 odd.

Christ its unreal that people think crowds are slipping even when the stadium is sold out:lolol:

Agree here.....ok it may surprise some people we dip below 20k for MOST games and will prob get a few 16-18k games but compared to a lot of "BIG" clubs in this division we are well supported. Dont worry folks we will get several 21k plus gates!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The match was a sell out!!
You couldn't buy a ticket the day after they went in sale, I tried to get tickets for my brother in law and dad in law and no chance. The club need a ticket exchange, learn off American baseball, where you get 50% of you match ticket back if its sold to someone else when a season ticket holder can't go. Our stadium was 90% full but the club should work harder to shift the rest. I'll be interested to see what Tuesday's Att is, with the max price structure, I recon 15k.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
You couldn't buy a ticket the day after they went in sale, I tried to get tickets for my brother in law and dad in law and no chance. The club need a ticket exchange, learn off American baseball, where you get 50% of you match ticket back if its sold to someone else when a season ticket holder can't go. Our stadium was 90% full but the club should work harder to shift the rest. I'll be interested to see what Tuesday's Att is, with the max price structure, I recon 15k.

We had already sold 14,500 tickets for Tuesday a few days ago. It'll be close to a sell out.

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
The game was sold out yesterday - 2 fella's behind me moaning that there mates couldn't buy tix as all sold - so there is a good argument for extension ('cept transport debacle) apart from the freebies the others are STH's not showing up - as I said earlier I reckon tix exchange will sort a lot of that and make the guys wanting to pay game by game happier too

If we'd had an exchange in place, do you think the 2000 no-show tickets would have gone to other fans ? How many would have been snapped up do you think ?

My only hope is that when the 8000 extra seats go in (if they do) that the 'build it and they will come' aspect will kick in.

Wrong,

Tuesday will be our biggest gate. Home will sell out and far fewer no shows as no one will buy if not going to make it - unlike STH's

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
The attendance was around 20,500 whats wrong with that.

Firstly Samej where did you get that figure from?

I was only saying i was surprised for a 'sold out' game that there wasn't over 20,000 in attendance.

Absolutely nothing wrong with how many were actually present. Im very very happy we are getting so many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here