Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Departure after game & P+R - some constructive criticisms.

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Brilliant. So what are your constructive suggestions, oh wise one ??

Simple really, they continue to use the P&R area in the car park, have structured, barriered, well-stewarded queues and turn the traffic lights off at the junction of village way and control the traffic by hand to prioritise the longest traffic queues out of the stadium.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I could never understand why they fill one bus at a time.

If a bus holds 70/80 people then why can't a steward let that number through then start loading the next bus?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Simple really, they continue to use the P&R area in the car park, have structured, barriered, well-stewarded queues and turn the traffic lights off at the junction of village way and control the traffic by hand to prioritise the longest traffic queues out of the stadium.

Still too much volume of stadium traffic all squeezing through the only way in and out.

Need another exit out, so it's back to the drawing board - I'm afraid.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We all new the travel would be a nightmare - it's part of it i'm afraid. But it's very early days and if the clubs reaction to other things such as the barriers on the West Stand are anything to go by they will be actively working hard to make things better. It will prob take 6 months to a yr to sort itself out IMO...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Most games will be nearly all STH's who will get to know their way around in regards to transport. The Gills game had loads on non STH, many making their 1st trip and, of course, it was dark. Things will improve and I hope they look to the quewes that cut across the top of the steps. it's there that better directions are needed.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Completely unworkable, the new large bridge over the railway line last night was blocked by passengers waiting to get onto the Lewes platform, so much so that people trying to get to the University car parks had a very hard time getting there.

If your bright idea of putting P&R buses outside Falmer Station on the A27 was ever used people literally wouldn't be able to get to them after an evening game.

Back to the drawing board on this one I'm afraid!

The queue covering the whole of the bridge would be easily solved by putting some barriers along the left hand side to contain the queue's width whilst actually on the bridge. Not that impossible is it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The queue covering the whole of the bridge would be easily solved by putting some barriers along the left hand side to contain the queue's width whilst actually on the bridge. Not that impossible is it.

I suppose the question would be that with a narrower queue, it will be much longer. Agree it's not insolvable but it does cause a further problem

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I suppose the question would be that with a narrower queue, it will be much longer. Agree it's not insolvable but it does cause a further problem

But wouldn't the queue just stretch further down the ramp up to the bridge? It would probably end up merging with the Brighton queue at the end but again this would be easily solved with barriers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here