Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise rumour

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wouldn't be that bothered with him as manager.

What I'd be furious about it is the board dumping yet another manager and particular the one who I want to be manager next season.

I would not go to Withdean if anyone else but Wise got the job... Surely we can have some common sense here...too many managers in the last six years certainly...I hope Dick will not be a Dick by getting Wise in...it's gotta be Slade and we'll be number one by Christmas...come on feel the noise!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
as much as the little devil shithead is a ****, he did do well at lower league management and should DK say no to Slade I honestly would'nt mind Wise as manager and would probably grow to like him.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Whilst I don't particularly like Wise, I think that he is a "winner" (as well as something sounding similar!) and in conjunction with Gus Poyet, they are a good management team.

However, I am delighted with the way Russell Slade has repaired so much harm done by Micky Adams after the Board's last attempt at appointing a "top manager" and really hope he gets the job for next year.

Which ever Division we play in next year, I am convinced that Russell Slade will provide an exciting season and we will be challenging for promotion - I just hope it works out tommorrow and it's to the Championship!

Agent_Torpor

May 1, 2009
Sky Sports | Football | League One | News | Wise in Seagulls link

Once again the rumour has re-floated, reminding me of something else that can easily float or sink, about Dennis Wise joining the Albion as manager.

I would not be so presumptuous as to claim I speak for everyone, but I believe I speak for many when I say that...

Dennis Wise has a reputation that does not endear him to many people within football, and certainly not within taxis either. I would consider it not in keeping with a club that prides itself on being a family and community club to have someone like that here in the hotseat especially when Russell Slade has done such an outstanding job here, and has genuinely lifted the place from the doldrums it was in six weeks ago to something we can once again be proud of.

My position would be to seriously re-consider renewing my season ticket if Wise were appointed here. Naturally, others may feel differently. However, to me, it is a concern. Russell Slade has, for me, earned the right to be our manager next season, and I hope that the Board recognises this, and act appropriately.

So - are you in a position to confirm or deny these rumours about Dennis Wise?

I love that the article suggests that his Leeds reign of error was a "success". Hardly.

Steer clear of the midget despot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Halfway through this season, many people who are long standing fans of this club (myself included) had just about had enough. Because of the decision made by the board at the end of last season, and the decisions made by the previous manager during this, we had lost interest and everything that was happening seemed to be a joke.

Since Slade has come in, my feelings (and no doubt many in a similar position) have turned around completely. The respect that the board have regained will be completely shot to shit if they bring in ANYONE else now. I don't care is it's Wise, Gannon or Capello, Slade has earned the respect of everyone here and deserves to be the manager next season

See that? That's ME that is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What do we do though? Do we hold fire on the ST renewals until we have Slade confirmed or do we go ahead and buy our tickets and then ....

I'll not be renewing mine UNTIL I know who the manager is. I'm not saying that I won't renew if it's not Slade [though I hope it is]. If its Wise, though, they've got three more empty seats to fill.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'll not be renewing mine UNTIL I know who the manager is. I'm not saying that I won't renew if it's not Slade [though I hope it is]. If its Wise, though, they've got three more empty seats to fill.

Fair dos. I'm with you on that one, Simon. I might just write to the club and tell them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
May be you lot can start a f*** off Wise we want Slade chant tomorrow

"You can stick your Dennis Wise up your arse
stick your Dennis Wise, up your arse
stick your Dennis Wi-se
stick your Dennis Wi-se
stick your Dennis Wise up your arse"

* Perhaps not in the family stand though

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Halfway through this season, many people who are long standing fans of this club (myself included) had just about had enough. Because of the decision made by the board at the end of last season, and the decisions made by the previous manager during this, we had lost interest and everything that was happening seemed to be a joke.

Since Slade has come in, my feelings (and no doubt many in a similar position) have turned around completely. The respect that the board have regained will be completely shot to shit if they bring in ANYONE else now. I don't care is it's Wise, Gannon or Capello, Slade has earned the respect of everyone here and deserves to be the manager next season

my feelings too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here