Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise rumour

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sky Sports | Football | League One | News | Wise in Seagulls link

Once again the rumour has re-floated, reminding me of something else that can easily float or sink, about Dennis Wise joining the Albion as manager.

I would not be so presumptuous as to claim I speak for everyone, but I believe I speak for many when I say that...

Dennis Wise has a reputation that does not endear him to many people within football, and certainly not within taxis either. I would consider it not in keeping with a club that prides itself on being a family and community club to have someone like that here in the hotseat especially when Russell Slade has done such an outstanding job here, and has genuinely lifted the place from the doldrums it was in six weeks ago to something we can once again be proud of.

My position would be to seriously re-consider renewing my season ticket if Wise were appointed here. Naturally, others may feel differently. However, to me, it is a concern. Russell Slade has, for me, earned the right to be our manager next season, and I hope that the Board recognises this, and act appropriately.

So - are you in a position to confirm or deny these rumours about Dennis Wise?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Wise can f*** OFF, Slade all the way :thumbsup:

He deserves to be manager next season, whether we're league 1 or 2. Wise is just a hot header shit bag.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
In golf to describe a certain type of putt we use the term "a Dennis Wise" to describe a nasty little 5 footer

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair I think Sky have just picked up the rumour that was started on here about Wise. Anyone remember when we were going to sell Gary Hart to Bristol City for 500k? That was started on NSC!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
To be fair I think Sky have just picked up the rumour that was started on here about Wise. Anyone remember when we were going to sell Gary Hart to Bristol City for 500k? That was started on NSC!

The same Sky Sports News who regularly ignore our results and/or goals? I'm sure there's some Palace scum working at Sky...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He can f*** right off - I'm not watching a team managed by that repulsive little c*nt.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have to say that such a question is totally inappropriate for ATC. Insider is not in a position to answer queries relating to rumours.

Sky Sports | Football | League One | News | Wise in Seagulls link

Once again the rumour has re-floated, reminding me of something else that can easily float or sink, about Dennis Wise joining the Albion as manager.

I would not be so presumptuous as to claim I speak for everyone, but I believe I speak for many when I say that...

Dennis Wise has a reputation that does not endear him to many people within football, and certainly not within taxis either. I would consider it not in keeping with a club that prides itself on being a family and community club to have someone like that here in the hotseat especially when Russell Slade has done such an outstanding job here, and has genuinely lifted the place from the doldrums it was in six weeks ago to something we can once again be proud of.

My position would be to seriously re-consider renewing my season ticket if Wise were appointed here. Naturally, others may feel differently. However, to me, it is a concern. Russell Slade has, for me, earned the right to be our manager next season, and I hope that the Board recognises this, and act appropriately.

So - are you in a position to confirm or deny these rumours about Dennis Wise?

Agree 110% that is RS does the job - he should get the job. Probably not a question suitable for Insider who will only not give an answer but I would be happy to sign an open letter to the Board advising them of my similar feelings and that if such a situation arose I guarantee I will not renew - end of. More than that my respect for this football club will be shot to pieces.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I was told last night by someone in a position to know that there was a very good chance Wise and Poyet could be with us next season, whether or not we stayed up.

It was not 'a done deal' but there had clearly been contact with our board, Wise is desperate to get back into management and he now knows he isn't executive material.

I think there are two recent developments that might possibly stop this from happening. One is that no-one expected Slade to keep us up, and getting rid of someone popular for the second year in a row might have even Knight quaking a bit after all the Wilkins fallout.

The other factor is that original No1 choice Gannon may feel a bit differently about things at Stockport right now.

All this speculation isn't new, as you all know, but if you want to know if it is serious or just bollocks, it is serious.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I agree it would be a joke if Slade was not given the job next season if he wanted it, after what he has done with this club since he joined.

It would not make me reconsider my season ticket though.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Halfway through this season, many people who are long standing fans of this club (myself included) had just about had enough. Because of the decision made by the board at the end of last season, and the decisions made by the previous manager during this, we had lost interest and everything that was happening seemed to be a joke.

Since Slade has come in, my feelings (and no doubt many in a similar position) have turned around completely. The respect that the board have regained will be completely shot to shit if they bring in ANYONE else now. I don't care is it's Wise, Gannon or Capello, Slade has earned the respect of everyone here and deserves to be the manager next season

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
A word to the Wise-f*** off you horrible little oik. You're not welcome here!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Halfway through this season, many people who are long standing fans of this club (myself included) had just about had enough. Because of the decision made by the board at the end of last season, and the decisions made by the previous manager during this, we had lost interest and everything that was happening seemed to be a joke.

Since Slade has come in, my feelings (and no doubt many in a similar position) have turned around completely. The respect that the board have regained will be completely shot to shit if they bring in ANYONE else now. I don't care is it's Wise, Gannon or Capello, Slade has earned the respect of everyone here and deserves to be the manager next season
Got to say that sums up my view to a 'T'.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

What he said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here