Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav **Gone To Stuttgart 09/08/24**

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yeah as I saw the Joao Pedro signing, he was a replacement for Alexis Mac Allister, who had occupied the 10 role when Potter moved and De Zerbi swapped the positions of Gross and Mac. Bit different style of play, but Pedro likes to be more involved than a 9 often is, and given that he's hardly a killer in the penalty box I think he should be more involved in other phases of play than just putting the ball in the net.
No offence, but did Pedro even once look like a replacement for Mac Allister apart from their deadly penalty skills?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As it has worked out, it has made the buy option redundant. But if he had been average last season, it might have been a cheap buy option fee, and no interest from us in buying back straight away. The buy back is a hedge against this situation, where he has been on fire, and is more valuable than the option price, and also against him moving for a low option fee, and then having a dramatic impact the next season and rocketing in value.
had he been average then Stuttgart wouldn’t want him, or maybe wouldn’t want him at 20m so they negotiate a lower fee assuming we didn’t want him. This would prob be on the open market with competition from other clubs as the 20m deal was for Stuttgart alone. This Outcome is still no different to not having any clause at all.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
had he been average then Stuttgart wouldn’t want him, or maybe wouldn’t want him at 20m so they negotiate a lower fee assuming we didn’t want him. This would prob be on the open market with competition from other clubs as the 20m deal was for Stuttgart alone. This Outcome is still no different to not having any clause at all.
What you are describing is the Ben White situation. The Ben White loan almost did not happen as Leeds were insisting on a buy option, they backed down, but maybe Stuttgart wouldn't. If his season had been not so good at the start, but with their coaching and care, he hit form in the last 10 games or so, the fee could have been small. The option price was dependent on his performance across the season, not fixed at £20M

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What you are describing is the Ben White situation. The Ben White loan almost did not happen as Leeds were insisting on a buy option, they backed down, but maybe Stuttgart wouldn't. If his season had been not so good at the start, but with their coaching and care, he hit form in the last 10 games or so, the fee could have been small. The option price was dependent on his performance across the season, not fixed at £20M
I’m sorry but I’m just not understanding. I still do not see what the advantage of the buy back is.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FFS who cares about the mechanics and the "understanding", I just want to know if he stays or if he goes! (and it my trouble will be double)
I like to learn about things I don’t understand….that’s all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it is more protecting our original investment, the scenario I come to is if Undav exceeded all expectations and became massively hot property (much more than the 20m agreed price) we could buy back at a reasonable loss and then sell on to a highest bidder thus maximising our (Tony B’s ) profit. Clever, if not a little devious eh !
But we couldn't do that if Undav could say no.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
But we couldn't do that if Undav could say no.
I don’t know the details I just let those who can control the controlables (sp) do their stuff and bask in the glory of the financial side of running a football club when we appear to have a upper hand in the outcome of any decision they make, giving our club financial security for the immediate and long term future.

I certainly do not want to be enmeshed in any discussion with a pedant like yourself Trig x

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We don't know if Uwe will start with one or two strikers. We don't know if Wellbeck will fit into his plans or even if he can stay fit. We don't know if Ferguson will re-find his shooting boots or go the way of Connolly. We know bugger all if Osman can play down the middle for us or not. In sum... Undav maybe can go to Stuttgart in the last week before the transfer window closes but not now. Uwe needs time with him.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
We don't know if Uwe will start with one or two strikers. We don't know if Wellbeck will fit into his plans or even if he can stay fit. We don't know if Ferguson will re-find his shooting boots or go the way of Connolly. We know bugger all if Osman can play down the middle for us or not. In sum... Undav maybe can go to Stuttgart in the last week before the transfer window closes but not now. Uwe needs time with him.
Did I miss something?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I like to learn about things I don’t understand….that’s all.
That’s an odd thing to do in 2024. Surely better to have a massively polarised viewpoint that you stick to in the face of all the evidence suggesting the opposite, regardless of how much knowledge you actually have of the subject.

Weirdo.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But we have got a really good idea thanks to Uwe’s interview on the TogetherBHA podcast.

He explains how FH played a loan striker but they were required to do an awful lot of running taking up positions in central midfield and on the wing.

I’d imagine whoever starts is going to struggle with the workload after about 70mins.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Uwe who?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
We don't know if Wellbeck will fit into his plans or even if he can stay fit.

Can we please stop with the questions over Welbecks fitness. Since he returned from surgery in December 2021 he’s missed just 14 PL games. He’s been on the pitch for 81 of 84 games (the other 3 he was an unused sub).

Last season he was the 8th highest used player in terms of mins on the pitch. The guy seems to have become a machine late in his career. I’m sure we will soon see a time where his mins have to be managed more than they currently are but at the moment there should be no question marks over his fitness.

Last edited:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Can we please stop with the questions over Welbecks fitness. Since he returned from surgery in December 2021 he’s missed just 14 PL games. He’s been on the pitch for 81 of 84 games (the other 3 he was an unused sub).

Last season he was the 8th highest used player in terms of mins on the pitch. The guy seems to have become a machine late in his career. I’m sure we will soon see a time where his mins have to be managed more than they currently are but at the moment there should be no question marks over his fitness.
No, it is a NSC FACT and you are a fool to fight it.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Did I miss something?
hehehe...... message to self.... don't write posts when working! Brain focussed on Hunemeier... not Hurzeler! :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here