Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deluded Palace!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a bit rich calling Palace deluded when some on here don't think Joe Cole isn't good enough for us !!
Indeed, there's always a few deluded fans on a board.
Agreed, some of the threads on here recently are mind blowing. If I was a Palace fan, I'd be having a field day. Forlan? Rhodes? Joe Cole? Essien?
While I agree with the general point, I think some of that was tongue in cheek, and while I don't expect Rhodes to come here, it's hardly deluded.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Harding was embarrassed by Buckley?last season. Absolutely embarrassed, he got no where near him got yellow carded and was subbed before half time.

Nadkins was trying to get him subbed before he was given a second yellow even though the ref had bottled it for a couple of fouls after the first yellow. He was throwing a wobbly because we kept the ball and it didn't go out of play for absolutely ages.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Oh my word.

There's a Saints fan on the BBS commenting on this, suggesting that if- and he does say "if"- Saints were to sign Zaha, they'd mostly likely offer a player in part exchange (player plus £870 million one assumes).

One of the likely players he put forward was...Dan Harding.

Harding having a complete shocker and being humiliatingly substituted before half time at the Amex was one of the absolute HIGHLIGHTS of last season. He never, ever plays well against us. Can you IMAGINE the abuse he'd get- and the depths to which his performance might consequently plummet- if he turned up at the Amex wearing a Palace shirt?

Please, please, please, please, please PLEASE let this happen :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Quality post Edna!!

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Harding having a complete shocker and being humiliatingly substituted before half time at the Amex was one of the absolute HIGHLIGHTS of last season. He never, ever plays well against us. Can you IMAGINE the abuse he'd get- and the depths to which his performance might consequently plummet- if he turned up at the Amex wearing a Palace shirt?

Please, please, please, please, please PLEASE let this happen :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This thought has made my day.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In fairness to Redneb, he didn't say that Southampton had any chance of becoming a global brand, but only suggested that the deluded Cortese was intending to make them one. A national brand would be a start, but that's not realistic either.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Oh my word.

There's a Saints fan on the BBS commenting on this, suggesting that if- and he does say "if"- Saints were to sign Zaha, they'd mostly likely offer a player in part exchange (player plus £870 million one assumes).

One of the likely players he put forward was...Dan Harding.

Very this!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on Dan, you won't get a game in the Premier League, you know it makes sense.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Harding in a palace shirt would be footballing karma on an epic scale, the prospect of this leaves me grinning at the thought of Buckley, Vicente or indeed any other Albion player tearing Harding a new footballing arsehole, again. What a wonderful thought.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not often you wish a signing on Palace, but this would DEFINITELY be one.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
It's not often you wish a signing on Palace, but this would DEFINITELY be one.

Yes, I almost want this more than Rhodes signing for us! The look on little Danny's face when he got subbed to derogatory choruses of a masturbatory nature was one of the highlights of the season!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, I almost want this more than Rhodes signing for us! The look on little Danny's face when he got subbed to derogatory choruses of a masturbatory nature was one of the highlights of the season!

That moment was poetry.

He knew he was being outclassed and embarrassed, and in his position on the left touchline, would have been in the perfect position to hear not only the usual chants about him, but also the individual, personal comments from people in the seats nearby. You could see his rage building and building, culminating in a yellow card (and he was extremely fortunate not to get a second yellow in the time he was on the pitch).

I saw Nigel Adkins telling his sub to warm up and strip off after about half an hour, and at that moment, I was completely torn for a few seconds: did I want Harding to continue in his position, to be forced to endure the mockery, and to eventually succumb to the inevitable red card? Or did I want the short term pleasure of hearing the rumble of joyous realisation and sadistic laughter spread around the Amex as his number was held up after barely 40 minutes, tempered only slightly by the knowledge that they might actually replace him with someone vaguely competent?

Sometimes football forces us to make difficult decisions.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Edna - your post is just so poetic. Enjoyed your summary so much! As you say football does force us to make such difficult decisions sometimes!

:ffsparr:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Edna - your post is just so poetic. Enjoyed your summary so much! As you say football does force us to make such difficult decisions sometimes!

:ffsparr:

:) The only thing that would have made the moment better would have been if he'd been on the other side of the pitch, and had had a much longer walk of shame back to the dugout (do we still call them dugouts?), rather than the shoulders-slumped, quietly seething stomp of a mere few metres he had in the end.

You just know he wanted to punch Adkins for bringing him off at that point, in that stadium, in front of those fans :lolol:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
You were going so well until the "global brand" bit. I know we're all a bit delusional about the clubs we support, but Southampton a global brand? Apart from being a rather improbable ambition ... do you think that clubs with followers in Far East countries, Scandinavia, America etc are somehow better than those who just want to represent their own towns/cities/counties?

I know it's all about money but for me the obsession with "marketing ourselves in overseas territories" is one of the most unattractive elements of the modern game and nothing to do with what supporting your local club is supposed to be about.

Southampton has a solid local fanbase. That's good enough.

"attempt to make us a global brand"

Oct 25, 2003
harding MUST be a decent player, he's played quite a lot of championship football now.......but by christ is he, without fail, absolutely AWFUL every time he plays us

him getting subbed before half time because he was getting absolutely sodomised by buckley was an absolutely FANTASTIC moment

maybe he's actually really good but completely crumbles against us every time?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here