Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think he'll sign for another 12 months and then move back to Argentina to manage Newells again.

Would love him to stay forever, but he's a bit of an enigma and there's definitely no second guessing what he'll do.

Is there not still a bit of an issue with his training regime meaning your players are absolutely shattered with about 10 games to go? Thanks to lockdown that wasn't an issue this season, but from the outside it appeared to be in seasons gone by?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ben White has been a revelation for us this season!

When we sold Jansson to Brentford and replaced him with this guy, i was underwhelmed to say the very least. 9 Months later and my view is the polar opposite.

Not sure we could afford to keep him, especially if a bidding war starts. Do you think he'll get a place in your starting 11 next season? If he does i can definitely see him staying. If he doesn't, i can see him leaving.

I'm delighted you enjoyed having Ben on loan. That's how it is supposed to work. He get's valuable experience and you get the use of a player that was otherwise beyond your reach. Chelsea did a similar thing with Tammy Abraham until he was ready to return to the fold. Nobody is guaranteed a place in a starting line-up in the Premier League. They have to earn it. The Premier League is very different to your last visit. I know it's fun to dream, but Brighton hasn't spent millions of pounds on an Academy and players to sell the best prospects as soon as they become ready for the first team squad. For Albion and Ben White, his loans to Newport, Peterboro and Leeds were just part of a process. Albion will decide the next stage in his development and Ben will be grateful for whatever that may bring. Leeds and their fans would do well to get a reality check and just say thanks for what Brighton did in his development before the loan and his performance at the club. It's hard to say goodbye, but time to move on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The lastest musings.....it's almost as though 16 years of underachievement and bitterness is bursting out through every pore :shrug:

I just don't see how he improves as a player under Potter and it can only be an impediment to his international chances if he is playing for Brighton rather than Leeds.

Bielsa made him, 100%. Just because you loan him out doesn't mean you developed him. Is he Brighton's player? sure, but they didn't do **** all here other than send him out on loan. Had we had any other manager of recent years I don't think we'd be talking about Ben White right now. The phenominal coaching abilities of Bielsa has just brought him to everyones attention.

He's ****ing staying. There's no way he wants to play anywhere else next season

I've seen you play in recent weeks - absolutely comically inept against Manchester City and utterly turgid against Newcastle. It's absolutely nailed on that you're in a relegation battle again next season - Leeds may be too, but are far more likely to kick on than Brighton.

You talk about never having sold a player you didn't want to leave as though it's an achievement - but it's actually an indictment. With the dubious exception of Dunk, you've never had a player than anyone else actually wants. White is an exception, but you thought Dan Burn and Shane Duffy were better players. That does not point to a well run club with a functioning academy.

He's got an average length contract on absolutely **** all, there's no way he signs a new one imo and he's not gonna sit around knowing he could get a huge pay rise elsewhere so they're gonna have to sell

LS10

Nov 16, 2009
Is there not still a bit of an issue with his training regime meaning your players are absolutely shattered with about 10 games to go? Thanks to lockdown that wasn't an issue this season, but from the outside it appeared to be in seasons gone by?

I think the fewer fixture in PL will help our cause. We were on a 5 match winning streak before lockdown though and looked like we still had plenty in the tank.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The lastest musings.....it's almost as though 16 years of underachievement and bitterness is bursting out through every pore :shrug:

I just don't see how he improves as a player under Potter and it can only be an impediment to his international chances if he is playing for Brighton rather than Leeds.

Bielsa made him, 100%. Just because you loan him out doesn't mean you developed him. Is he Brighton's player? sure, but they didn't do **** all here other than send him out on loan. Had we had any other manager of recent years I don't think we'd be talking about Ben White right now. The phenominal coaching abilities of Bielsa has just brought him to everyones attention.

I've seen you play in recent weeks - absolutely comically inept against Manchester City and utterly turgid against Newcastle. It's absolutely nailed on that you're in a relegation battle again next season - Leeds may be too, but are far more likely to kick on than Brighton.

You talk about never having sold a player you didn't want to leave as though it's an achievement - but it's actually an indictment. With the dubious exception of Dunk, you've never had a player than anyone else actually wants. White is an exception, but you thought Dan Burn and Shane Duffy were better players. That does not point to a well run club with a functioning academy.

He's got an average length contract on absolutely **** all, there's no way he signs a new one imo and he's not gonna sit around knowing he could get a huge pay rise elsewhere so they're gonna have to sell
They don’t seem very grateful to us for loaning them their best player who was a big part of their success.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fresh from the WACCOE forum........seems to have missed the irony of commenting on this thread when posting his own thoughts.............

Ben White would be a different player at Brighton as Bielsa has made him the player he is today and Potter is no Bielsa.

He would just become another premiership lower half, relegation fighting premiership team centre half at Brighton.

Brighton are not and never will be considered as a top flight football team that could be challenging for honours or that have a great supporter base. They just exist, as a seaside town football club non entity.

I'd be extremely surprised if BW stays there after experiencing the Leeds United family. If he doesn't come to Leeds, then another club will come in for him and that could be most clubs in the premiership from Southampton to Burnley, where he would get a better footballing education than at Brighton.

I wonder who will be shorter odds in the betting world for winning anything next season, or finishing higher in the league, Brighton or Leeds? I'm not saying that we will win anything by the way, but I know who my money would be on out of the two teams to finish higher in the league and that is even without any major player investment.

I actually saw a section of one of their forum threads that someone posted on here entitled 'Deluded Leeds Fans' or something similar. All going on about Ben White and how great he is and that we have no chance of getting him. He'll be a star of the future playing for England. Maybe so, but I guarantee he won't play for England if he stays at Brighton. They just haven't a clue about the footballing world.

They do not understand that whether you love Leeds or hate Leeds, we are significantly more recognisable and respected in the football world than they are or ever will be. We are generally discussed on most top clubs forums, are they? How many premier league teams players, ex players and fans have stated, that they would prefer Leeds in the premier league than Brighton and other similar clubs.

I'd love him to stay but if he doesn't, then be assured that Bielsa will have a ready replacement. My main concern is that Bielsa stays.

I enjoyed the line 'they haven't got a clue about the footballing world' :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bielsa has more than helped him and I bet White would say exactly the same.

That's not really the noise that's coming from your more myopic fan base. :lol:

The 'Pontus who' test is becoming a useful tool to highlight the useless tools.
Any Leeds fan denying the ability White had before he even kicked a ball in Yorkshire, clearly has no idea what they are talking about.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Fully expect one of two things to happen with Bielsa and Leeds next year.

a) an issue with the board/fans being unhappy with them not being top 10 and he's walked away by Christmas.
b) they play well for 6 months and are then dragged down the table as they don't have a big enough squad to play Bielsa's style at a Premier League level with a full season to go.

Regardless, I can't see them being next year's Wolves/Sheffield United.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bielsa has more than helped him and I bet White would say exactly the same.

If Bielsa moulded Ben White, then why not save yourself the hassle and go and buy a mediocre Championship centre back and do it again then?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

That's really quite funny! Wonderful how Bielsa coached him from afar to be POTS at Newport, without even knowing him!

Apologies to LS10 for all this mirth and merriment - seems a sensible fan, so no mirth and merriment aimed at him!

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Did you know, Leeds United’s director of football Victor Orta suggested signing Ben White on loan in the summer of 2018 (a year before they got him)… but Bielsa declined. :moo:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This one is quite funny..................

1. PL starts
2. Transfer fee in excess of 30m
3. Wages
It's a simple equation. Top 6 can offer 2 and 3. We can offer 1 and 3 (though I'd argue we can offer 2, but it's debatable). Brighton are only willing to offer 3 in the contract that is currently sat on the table for White to sign.

It's all about what the player wants -- at his age you'd expect it'd be starts rather than the wages, but if he's going to ride the bench he might as well do it on megabux.

Still funny to see Brighton fall over themselves about this, though

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We did **** all except find an outstanding talent. Oh, and sign him up. Oh and develop him, albeit at a lower footballing level first (but that’s Leeds fault for being a division BELOW us - and sometimes two) Perhaps they could develop a youth set up...if they hadn’t sold their family silver chasing the deluded belief they can compete at PL level. That worked out well didn’t it?! Probably one of the only Albion fans to have seen Leeds in their last PL outings c/o Arsenal friend who invited me along, Leeds lost five nil, Arsenal mocked them throughout at old Highbury. Yep, that’s how long ago ‘mighty’ Leeds we’re in the top flight. They’ve never played at the Emirates even. Their coach driver will have to get the map out. The footballing landscape has changed so much since MASSIVE Leeds were amongst the footballing elite, they’ve probably not even got London in their Sat Nav let alone the Emirates and London Stadium. Do they even have sat navs? Again, been so long since anyone heard of Leeds that not sure such tech was around back then. Crickey, even the Liberal Democrat’s have been in government since ‘mighty’ Leeds played in the top flight. Deluded. Absolutely deluded. They can’t help themselves though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Where to start? :lolol::lolol: I love the fact he picks up on our worst performances of the season but ignores games against Arsenal or Leicester and the many games where we've comfortably been the better side. It's going to be great seeing their above average Championship side ripped apart effortlessly by actual proper big clubs. And we thought Burn and Duffy were better players apparently, and " does not point to a well run club with a functioning academy". :lolol: That'll be Burn who rarely plays centre back for us and Duffy who is third string centre back having played in only half our games. It's funny, I thought we loaned out White because he was only 21 and a decision was made that regular football in (gradually better) lower leagues would benefit him more than just playing 6 matches a season in the Premier league.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's not really the noise that's coming from your more myopic fan base. :lol:

The 'Pontus who' test is becoming a useful tool to highlight the useless tools.
Any Leeds fan denying the ability White had before he even kicked a ball in Yorkshire, clearly has no idea what they are talking about.

These are all from page 1 of the 'Ben White' thread on WACCOE, started on the first day of the season...

See ya Pontus! 😆
MOTM

Agree, he was so composed on the ball. Very promising

****ing class he was. Brilliant on the ball.

Didn’t put a foot wrong today. Excellent on the ball, great range of passing. Can see why Bielsa wanted him.

What a debut.

All of the doubts about lack of Championship experience have been blown away.
Fantastic debut, looked super calm and composed

lots of people idiots eating their words this afternoon about Harrison, Bamford and White.
lovely stuff.

Those diagonal balls :****:

Did everything right looks extremely comfortable on the ball.
said to my mate recon he could be a real winner this season

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We did **** all except find an outstanding talent. Oh, and sign him up. Oh and develop him, albeit at a lower footballing level first (but that’s Leeds fault for being a division BELOW us - and sometimes two) Perhaps they could develop a youth set up...if they hadn’t sold their family silver chasing the deluded belief they can compete at PL level. That worked out well didn’t it?! Probably one of the only Albion fans to have seen Leeds in their last PL outings c/o Arsenal friend who invited me along, Leeds lost five nil, Arsenal mocked them throughout at old Highbury. Yep, that’s how long ago ‘mighty’ Leeds we’re in the top flight. They’ve never played at the Emirates even. Their coach driver will have to get the map out. The footballing landscape has changed so much since MASSIVE Leeds were amongst the footballing elite, they’ve probably not even got London in their Sat Nav let alone the Emirates and London Stadium. Do they even have sat navs? Again, been so long since anyone heard of Leeds that not sure such tech was around back then. Crickey, even the Liberal Democrat’s have been in government since ‘mighty’ Leeds played in the top flight. Deluded. Absolutely deluded. They can’t help themselves though.

Laugh at Leeds, by all means, but there's a lot wrong in this post.

They've brought through literally DOZENS of academy players in the last few seasons, and have a much better record on that front than we do.

And they played at the Emirates THIS season...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This one is quite funny..................

1. PL starts
2. Transfer fee in excess of 30m
3. Wages
It's a simple equation. Top 6 can offer 2 and 3. We can offer 1 and 3 (though I'd argue we can offer 2, but it's debatable). Brighton are only willing to offer 3 in the contract that is currently sat on the table for White to sign.

It's all about what the player wants -- at his age you'd expect it'd be starts rather than the wages, but if he's going to ride the bench he might as well do it on megabux.

Still funny to see Brighton fall over themselves about this, though

Surely number 2 is a bit of an irrelevance, in that Brighton don't need to offer themselves any transfer fee?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here