Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dell Inspiron 8600 Start up disc Needed

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Hi, I am trying to sort out a friends computer, they reinstalled windows XP and now they can't connect to the internet. i have been on the Dell site & downloaded the drivers, however when I go in to network connections there is nothing there. Checked on the internet, seems to be a common problem.

Please pm if you could lend or copy the original start up disc

Thanks

Gary

Check for a hidden partition on drive. Might be called something like PQSERVICE. This partition usually holds all software that has been installed on the system.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not sure how you missed it, but on the Broadcom integrated driver is what you need, or one of the many wireless drivers on the main driver page

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
if you are still struggling, drop me a PM and i will help you out.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have the start up disc for that machine, but sorry mate I live in London!

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Any chance we could meet at the AMEX? I have tried everything else, & looking on the internet it seems to be a common problem. Gary

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
Thanks blackprince. No, what I am after is the disc that comes with the computer to get the systems working. I have a copy of XP with code, the problem that seems to be common with this machine is when windows is reloaded you can not get an internet connection. I had the same problem with my compaq nx9105. Seems only way to get it going is the disc.THANKS ANYWAY

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Any chance we could meet at the AMEX? I have tried everything else, & looking on the internet it seems to be a common problem. Gary

My next Amex game will be Palace, but I have pm'd you. Happy to give you a copy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here