Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Degale v groves

D

Deleted member 18477

degale didn't have an answer and landed less shots

groves defending a lot of the fight and occasionally came forward. did a haye v valuev job. didnt get hit that much to be fair but de gale looked busier. de gale does ooze class you cant take that away from him. groves is very rugged. needs a rematch in all honesty. but for me de gale has the brighter future especially in terms of promoting his fights and generally looking like the better fighter technically to watch.

if groves wins ugly (a bit like stoke in football) that'll also please a lot of people so fair play.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Frank Warren thinks they should be a rematch?

Sorry Pal...your man lost :lolol:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
good fight. adam booth is a real top tactician.

D

Deleted member 18477

Frank Warren thinks they should be a rematch?

Sorry Pal...your man lost :lolol:

there should be a rematch. its like the calzaghe v hopkins fight. nothing between them. calzaghe chickened out though and instead fought a very very weak roy jones..

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
groves defending a lot of the fight and occasionally came forward. did a haye v valuev job. didnt get hit that much to be fair but de gale looked busier. de gale does ooze class you cant take that away from him. groves is very rugged. needs a rematch in all honesty. but for me de gale has the brighter future especially in terms of promoting his fights and generally looking like the better fighter technically to watch.

if groves wins ugly (a bit like stoke in football) that'll also please a lot of people so fair play.

Degale spent the 1st half walking toward groves not throwing while getting popped at long rang with groves jab, that's why he lost.
Tbh honest I think a draw would have been the right result.

In my oppinion it was no way 1 sided enough for anyone to debate the decision.... Like they said it could have gone either way but yeah I think degale has more to work with but he didn't really get going tonight & I can't argue with a groves decision the same way I couldn't if it was a decision for degale

The fact he defended a lot & still managed to land more punches tells us something even if degales were the more solid punches toward the end, he still didn't do anything much for the 1st half of the fight

Last edited:

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Well done George Groves, it was the result I had hoped for and I felt Groves had just edged it. I wanted this result before the fight particularly after watching an interview between the two a few months back and Degale came across as a very unpleasant, nasty and thick individual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjCaQvMsKbQ

Last edited:

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
there should be a rematch. its like the calzaghe v hopkins fight. nothing between them. calzaghe chickened out though and instead fought a very very weak roy jones..
Yeah there's gotta be a rematch for sure

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
well done george groves, it was the result i had hoped for and i felt groves had just edged it. I wanted this result before the fight particularly after watching an interview between the two a few months back and degale came across as a very unpleasant, nasty and thick individual.

this

D

Deleted member 18477

Degale spent the 1st half walking toward groves not throwing while getting popped at long rang with groves jab, that's why he lost.
Tbh honest I think a draw would have been the right result.

In my oppinion it was no way 1 sided enough for anyone to debate the decision.... Like they said it could have gone either way but yeah I think degale has more to work with but he didn't really get going tonight & I can't argue with a groves decision the same way I couldn't if it was a decision for degale

i just want a re match after that. the grudge def has not finished yet! it could have gone either way your right, it all depends on the 3 little judges and how they impress them. i wish sometimes they would just give a draw instead of trying to find a winner. maybe i was a little hasty in saying it was a ridiculous decision i just favour the busier fighter - then again i'm no professional judge and a lot of them favour 3,4,5 combos suppose to just 1's and 2's throughout a fight.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
i just want a re match after that. the grudge def has not finished yet! it could have gone either way your right, it all depends on the 3 little judges and how they impress them. i wish sometimes they would just give a draw instead of trying to find a winner. maybe i was a little hasty in saying it was a ridiculous decision i just favour the busier fighter - then again i'm no professional judge and a lot of them favour 3,4,5 combos suppose to just 1's and 2's throughout a fight.

Yeah it was a funny fight really but still enjoyed the tactical chess match.
Think the rematch will be a totally different fight...... Can't wait

D

Deleted member 18477

Yeah it was a funny fight really but still enjoyed the tactical chess match.
Think the rematch will be a totally different fight...... Can't wait

i want bombs to be thrown lol! cant wait for haye v klitschko now! although im def going to be buying that one! i cant be doing with buffering in the middle of a round!

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
For the hype it wasn't an exciting fight for the first 2/3 and now Groves has beaten Degale twice so has nothing to gain from a rematch.
It's up to Degale to bring something like a world title to the table to entice Groves into a rematch.
Yeah but ya can't really count groves 1st win now, I think there will deffo be a rematch as it will be deemed 1 professional fight between the 2 & the decision will be hotly disputed.
Then there's the money side of things, I think after tonight all involved would proberbly make a fair bit if a rematch were to happen

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
i want bombs to be thrown lol! cant wait for haye v klitschko now! although im def going to be buying that one! i cant be doing with buffering in the middle of a round!

Lol yeah I'll be paying for the haye fight, I found it didn't have to buffer half as much when I turned off the full screen tonight though so can't grumble.... Got to see it I suppose coz there's no way I was paying 15 quid for that fight card

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Not the best fight but given the pre fight trash talk the right result. Frank Warren made himself look a right **** with his immediate rematch quote.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I thought De Gale was lazy and didnt punch enough, when he did, he really showed his class and looked like could knock out Groves, who is a gutsy fighter but in my opinion not much more than that.
De Gale is such a frustrating boxer to watch has all the talent but does enough to win but on tough fights like tonight you gotta work and put them combinations together, De Gale unfortuntely is lazy and likes his one punch combos.
I had it Just De Gale by one round, but a cant argue with a one round win to Groves.
But De Gale has himself to blame for the defeat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here