Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Defining moment of the season?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think it defines our season, I think yesterday reflects it. More attacking football, creating chances that we fail to convert (at all, or frequently enough), and a slip up at the back that lets our opponents steal undeserved points, leaving us with less than we "deserve" (in as much as an impotent attack and ineffective defensive line "deserves" to win v a team with a defensive line that holds out and a forward line that converts their chances just because they had more possession/shots/control of the game).

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Yesterday felt to me to be the defining moment of our season, beaten by a very average Palace and failing to score despite numerous chances and some of the players starting to look dejected. Add to that wins for Watford, against the League champions, & West Ham and a useful point for smug Eddie's lot down the coast cements our place in this relegation dogfight. Only Norwich have won fewer games than us, and for all the talk of pretty football under Potter, the results are no better and arguably even worse than under Hughton. Wolves away is crucial, do the players have the guts for a proper fight or will they meekly surrender and continue our slide back into the Championship?

A couple of points I would contest. Firstly, we still have ten games to go so you can’t state what the defining moment is until the end. So far there have been many occasions that could contribute to your statement. Yesterday’s performance and result maybe, or losing away to Villa with a last gasp goal as negative examples or the performances against Spurs at home and Arsenal away as the positive ones.

Secondly, like for like we are at the same level as last season at the 1st of March. We had wins against Huddersfield and Palace and that was it. From there on in, nothing, except three draws. As many have posted the next ten games will show whether the team have the resolve and commitment to survive and prove many of us wrong.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Shipping off the two forwards we had.

Both would have probably contributed up to 10 goals between them that would be the difference of us being 12-14th or being in the bottom 3.

Whoever allowed Murray, Connolly and Maupay to be our only strikers needs 6 months in therapy!

Think you've hit the nail on the head.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Shipping off the two forwards we had.

Both would have probably contributed up to 10 goals between them that would be the difference of us being 12-14th or being in the bottom 3.

Whoever allowed Murray, Connolly and Maupay to be our only strikers needs 6 months in therapy!

It’s us that need the therapy after paying to watch aforementioned strikers (and a midfield who collectively cannot ever score at all).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To me the defining moment was Sheffield United. They came and did a job. They went 1 nil up and defended the lead. That seems to be the template for all the subsequent home matches

Certainly teams have worked us out.

Trouble is we are all saying change it to bring in the new guys, yet conversely, we all criticise potter for not knowing who his best team is in MARCH

If wolves play like they did at spuds yesterday, it could be a very bad day on Saturday

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
As we're struggling to score goals maybe a new tactic should be shut up shop and try to grind out 10 draws from our remaining games. That would be enough!

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
I thought the defining moment was against the other Sheffield team , we were abysmal that day , I thought we were ok over the Christmas period

Agreed. I feel this is where our season started to fall apart. Fringe players and some established players simply did not perform and seemed not to be bothered . It was a dreadful gutless performance as we completely lost the will to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here