Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defender Crisis? What crisis?

Stumpy Tim

Fair do's if that's how you meant it, but that wasn't the way it originally came across to me (or others who commented on it).

of course that's not what he meant. It's obvious to everyone that BG made a crap point, was completely wrong, and wasn't man enough to admit the mistake. And frankly, the new explanation for what he supposedly actually meant is nothing short of laughable.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Try reading my post at 10.20 this morning where I tried to explain. You obviously know what I meant!!!!!

Better still believe what you want to.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Is going to take a major injury crisis for Elphick to see much action this season. Probably would now be classed as 5th choice?

Center Backs ahead of him:
Greer,
Dunk,
El Abd,
Vincelot
Painter

Possibly on par and looking for action:
Cook.

I think his days are numbered.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Greer,
Dunk,
El Abd,
Vincelot
Painter

Cook.

don't think we'll see Painter used a centre half - i agree with your general point though, elphic or el-abd would need to come back and have some absolute stormers to dislodge dunk or greer. actually on this point, the injury to navarro resulted in bridcutt joining last year... and the injuries to elphic and el-abd have resulted in the emergence of dunk and now cook - for me the team looks far better with a second ball playing centre half alongside greer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Greer,
Dunk,
El Abd,
Vincelot
Painter

Cook.

I would put him ahead of Vincelot, Painter and Cook on that list. It has been said many times Vincelot is not a central defender but a player who has played there in an emergency during a game. I don't think that Gus would pick Painter before Elphick as a central defender

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here