Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent team Decent fans

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There were Boro fans in every pub I visited after the game and to a man they were good guys, not gloating just enjoying what for them must've been a fantastic away day supporting their club. Respect. Oh and their team wasn't half bad either.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Agree with most of the sentiment though I do think we could've got something out of the game had we been at full strength.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Met a fair few Boro fans tonight pretty much all of them slagging us off to the hilt.even after I said it was a fair result they kept giving it how they tonked us.came close to properly losing my temper with one of them but walked away.Hope to god they don t go up bunch of wankers.

Must have been a very small minority. The Boro fans that I spoke to were very gracious and friendly. Mind you every club has its share of complete a***holes (including us) and you probably met the Boro ones.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Must have been a very small minority. The Boro fans that I spoke to were very gracious and friendly. Mind you every club has its share of complete a***holes (including us) and you probably met the Boro ones.

Same here, I spoke to a few, and all very gracious, wishing us well, enjoying their weekend.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012

Yea your probably right. they did properly piss me off.In my younger years I would have tried to bang one of them out but being a bit older and a bit wiser just left it plus did nt really want to look like the elephant man on Christmas day lol

Big John

Dec 19, 2015
Being a Boro' fan I'd be the 1st to admit we have our fair share of ignorant tossers but like el punal said' every club has them unfortunately.
Merry xmas & all the best for new year.

Dec 6, 2015
Source? It is all about opinions really isn't it?

If their fans travel from London to us they have a 100 mile round trip, if ours travel from London to their place they have a 600 mile round trip, massive difference.

Well considering most of the tickets were snapped up by season ticket holders it would be pretty hard for MSS to buy all of our allocation. We have a very good away following and believe me most of the fans that travelled were from Teesside.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Middlesborough fans have a long tradition of being good fans not just yesterday they are gooduns IMO

fridge

Dec 19, 2015
Hi all, I am a Boro fan but a football fan too. I have signed up to your forum to say how impressed I am with bha, your fans are just the most welcoming fans I have know...very dignified too.

I am hoping for us (Boro) to be promoted this season and had hoped that derby might follow us up in second spot as I feel the last couple of seasons have been tough on them....however I am now hoping that bha finish second, if we have promotion in the bag on the last day and you need to win at the riverside I don't even mind you winning and joining the party atmosphere.

I do hope that being a fan of another team and posting on your forum does not offend, I really wanted to praise your fans and go one further and praise your team for the 21 games unbeaten start to the season...it was superb and as many fans would have done I admired your club from a distance.

Good luck getting your injured players fit and starting another impressive run of results, Boro aside I wish you the best of luck for this season and hope we both make it to the premiership...derby 3rd.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Wrote this on another thread in praise of Boro win - but thought it was worth repeating....

'Several people following this thread will have heard David Beckham's stated preference for watching rugby because 'you can sit next to fans of the opposing team and enjoy the game together'..... unlike football.
I love football and I love BHA and while 'lovefests' are not my thing, I really think football can learn from the good natured rivalry in other sports.... andI think Albion and Middlesbrough fans (apart from one complete nonentity) have achieved that here and I applaud the achievement. More in the future please'.

fridge

Dec 19, 2015
Couldn't agree more, I have no animosity to rival fans and just don't get why others do, I was at Wembley for our play off final and after the game wished many Norwich fans good luck for the new season..it actually helped me feel better after our defeat and I hope it rounded of a great day for Norwich.

I only wish I could promise your fans the same respect at our place you gave to us...hope this happens, oh and by the way I think we cought you on a bad day for you as with the injuries you picked up and the two great games prior to ours it give us the edge...and we needed that.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

image.jpg

Just got a job lot of these in, mugs are £3.00 and t- shirts are a fiver, badges at £1 on the way.
Ideal Christmas presents for Brighton fans that enjoy a love in :)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
That's exactly my point. I may be totally deluded (don't say it!) but would that happen at a rugby match? I am sick of the seventies and eighties hard man culture that somehow latched on to the beautiful game.... and maybe, just maybe we are beginning to see the end of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here