Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent Running Shoes

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Prepared to get shot down in flames on this one, but when I was in Sports Direct last week, I noticed they have started selling decent brand running shoes, e.g. ASICS, New Balance etc at reasonable prices. No good for me, as I need an extra wide fitting, but anyone who knows their requirements, could save a few quid.

However if you have any doubts follow the advice above and go speak to the experts. Running shoes are an investment, as the world is your gym and there is no subscription fee.

I didn't get my shoes from there for the reasons you have stated but I picked up a load of BARGAIN running gear: t-shirts, shorts, socks, bottle, phone holder etc. even the branded stuff is great value :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Run is a brilliant shop for all the reasons given above.

If you're a bit of a big guy (over 12 and a half stone) like me, you'd be best looking for cushioning.
The Brooks Beast and Asics Kayano shoes are excellent in this category.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does anyone know of the best place in town to buy a decent pair of running shoes. Not looking to break the bank but get a sturdy pair. cheers

Jog Shop, George St. Also, you might want to buy this month's Runners World as it has a comprehensive feature about running shoes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Asics.

Mine are like slippers, teh best running/gym shoes i have ever owned by a mile.

thnk i paid about 70 quid for them

I'll second this. I've been wearing Asics GT1250s (or is it 1240s?) for years now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Those guys in there really know their stuff, and are more than happy to talk for quite literally hours about it if you want to.
How many times, in an hour can you say:-
'you put one foot in front of the other, quicker than walking'. :lol:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
cheers guys. ended up going to run and gets a huge thumbs up from me. Asks you lots of questions,actually listens,takes a video of your feet while running up the street and then gives you testers to run around the block in.i was shattered by the end:lolol:

larus

Run is a brilliant shop for all the reasons given above.

If you're a bit of a big guy (over 12 and a half stone) like me, you'd be best looking for cushioning.
The Brooks Beast and Asics Kayano shoes are excellent in this category.

Won't use the job shop anymore. Bought several pairs from there, and I was twice sold Brooks (one pair being the Beast), and these caused me a lot of pain in my calf/shins. The other pairs I've bought from there haven't been much good either (in terms of comfort when running).

Last 2 pairs I've bought have been Oasics from JJB. Really done the job; comfortable, supportive. Spent about £90-£100 I think. Bit ore expensive than others, but, IMO, the lack of pain is worth it.

However, think I'll try JOG next time after reading this thread.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
jog shop George street in Brighton best advice for running shoes tell Sam I sent you and he will give you a 10% discount (he gives ever one a 10% discount)

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Budget option, Sports Direct?

No, seriously. Got a pair of Adidas running trainers in there for about £35 a couple of years a go and two marathons later they're still as durable and comfortable as ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here