Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Decent cover versions?

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
I think this deserves another outing:

"Rodeohead"

For anyone that's not heard it, it's a medley of Radiohead songs in a bluegrass stylee, and is quite brilliant.
:bowdown:

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
They also did a rather good cover version of The Carpenters' Superstar again swapping the gender of the vocalist to enhance the underlying stalker creepiness of the original.[/QUOTE said:
No no no. The Carpenters did a maudlin cover of Rita Coollidge's masterpiece that was Superstar.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Ok, I know "talent" shows aren't most people's cup of tea, but check out this version of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire on this week's American Idol. Bit of background, it's Country & Western week, emo/rocker guy (who is gonna walk the contest) basically sticks two fingers up and does a weird Middle Eastern/Jeff Buckley version. You'll love it or hate it (sorry, don't know how to embed YouTube files).

YouTube - Adam Lambert - Top 11- Ring Of Fire

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ok, I know "talent" shows aren't most people's cup of tea, but check out this version of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire on this week's American Idol. Bit of background, it's Country & Western week, emo/rocker guy (who is gonna walk the contest) basically sticks two fingers up and does a weird Middle Eastern/Jeff Buckley version. You'll love it or hate it (sorry, don't know how to embed YouTube files).

YouTube - Adam Lambert - Top 11- Ring Of Fire

I watched the show this morning (being a big country fan - enjoyed watching Brad Paisley, would have preferred to hear Randy Travis sing on his own though), and I thought that was utterly, utterly hideous.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Ah, you see I can't stand (most) country music, so for me his Muse/Bruce Dickinson take on a Cash classic was awesome and showed balls. For country fans, I can see why, as Simon said, they'd being throwing their TVs out of the window.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
King Curtis- Whoter Shade of Pale.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.. Best piece of music....ever.

Not on youtube, you'll have to buy the Withnail & I soundtrack to experience it (or watch the film, it's the first track you hear).

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Me 1st And The Gimme Gimmes, pretty much everything they've ever covered!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here