Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dunk out until the New Year according to the Argus :down:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It is interesting that International fixtures take all the blame, meanwhile Pre-qualifiers for the pre qualification round of the Europe pre-qualification league, clog up every midweek from June to November.

Maybe I am just envious as our injury crisis is likely to rule us out of those early round glamour ties for next season. Saints meanwhile are looking at an emergency loan keeper, which I didn't think was still a thing?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dunk out until the New Year according to the Argus :down:

I don't read it as 'until the new year' I read it as 'until some point in 2022'

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think he was implying that the TV companies can still show a billion games, but spread out and if the games are not on TV they don’t need to be played. The TV companies still get their fill but each team would have fewer games spread out more evenly without the need to be congested.

But it's not just about showing the game. It's about "marketing the product" and creating a sense of urgency (so lots of games happening whether or not they are all on TV) in the lead up to the prestige games on Boxing Day/New Years Day [supposedly] generating excitement (and presumably extra sales).

Yes, the TV companies could show an entirely even spread of games every week of the season... but that's not what generates them income.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Arent these three technically the same thing..?

I think the actual quote is basically misses all the games this month - but it sounds like they have not fully diagnosed it so could be much longer, rather than back 4th Jan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here