Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Death wish live - E4 - Near-tragedy

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ok let me explain what just happened:

A twenty-something escapologist was in the gallows with a noose around his neck, handcuffed and given 30 seconds to escape from the handcuffs and unhook the noose before he was hanged on live tv.

I assumed that by live tv they meant with a 30second-1 minute time delay similar to Derren Brown's Russian Roulette....I was wrong!

He looked confident for the first 20 seconds but it became obvious that he was not going to escape in time....

At 30 seconds, his platform disappeared and he was hanged, unable to breath, legs kicking furiously and it must have been 10-15 seconds before he was cut down....not a long time, but long enough for his face to turn blue!

At this point, i thought the time delay would kick-in and it'd reveal that he was alive and well,but oh no...instead you saw medics rushing to the scene and his best mate (he'd been the person to cut him down) checking his pulse and then suddenly the images disappeared and the message:

'DEATH WISH LIVE WILL RESUME SHORTLY' filled the screen...

After what seemed an age, the images re-appeared and it was revealed that he was alive and he managed a very strangled "i'm ok"

And the good news is he's back on friday to be buried alive....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
MrV said:
It was allll planned. The blue face, the loss of transmission; everything. Trust me. That's what TV's like these days.

I knew you'd say that but you can't fake a blue face.

I doubt it was staged as he's a real escapologist and wouldn't want to look crap on tv

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
You bastards.

I've just realised I'm watching this on E4+1 so it hasn't happened yte.

You've spoiled the surprise!!

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
fake slim said:
I knew you'd say that but you can't fake a blue face.

I doubt it was staged as he's a real escapologist and wouldn't want to look crap on tv

The guy is an amateur plum. I've seen him loads on these home video style shite programs shown at 2am on E4.

It will serve him right if he gets buried alive under 5 tonnes of cement on Thursday. A world famous escapologist (Bill Shirk) died doing the very same stunt.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
This is the kind of tv that should be BANNED!! A bloody stupid idea in the first place and you just wait - there'll be a spate of stupid accidents and people getting killed....

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Some people will do anything for attention :dunce:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
tedebear said:
This is the kind of tv that should be BANNED!! A bloody stupid idea in the first place and you just wait - there'll be a spate of stupid accidents and people getting killed....

Survival of the fittest.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Jesus Gul said:
I thought that when the trap door opened most 'hangees' broke their necks anyway

They made it a little safer in that when he was hanged, the cord shot upwards instead of downwards,thus not breaking his neck but a slim chance of fracturing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here