Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Death crash goalie sacked by Plymouth

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Plymouth Argyle have cancelled the contract of goalkeeper Luke McCormick by mutual consent.

The 24-year-old is on bail after being charged with causing death by dangerous driving and driving with excess alcohol in his blood.

The charges relate to a car accident on the M6 in June in which two young boys were killed.

McCormick was suspended by the Championship club earlier this month ahead of their pre-season training.

A statement on the club's website read: "Plymouth Argyle have today cancelled the contract of goalkeeper Luke McCormick by mutual consent.

"The club will be making no further comment on the matter."

McCormick will next appear in court on 8 September.

Brothers Arron and Ben Peak, aged 10 and eight, from Manchester, were killed in a collision on the M6.

The brothers and their father Philip, 37, were in a Toyota Previa with friends.

Their car was involved in a collision on the southbound carriageway of the motorway in Staffordshire between junctions 15 and 16, near Keele services.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They might as well sack him as he is going down for a good stretch.Why pay him doing time?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The only problem i have with this is. DID HE ACTUALLY CAUSE THE ACCIDENT ? living not so far away,nothing has been said by Staffordshire Police as to who was at fault. In fact was the driver who has lost his two sons. GUILTY of bad driving ? Yet no charges ? However has paid the ultimate price.:wave:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Violence. Not sure on term 6 months?

But i'm not saying he should have been paid!

Be out in four months.I can see why they kept on paying his wages.The Plymouth keeper is looking around 4-5 years i reckon.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The media originally said the insurance on the vehicle wasn't in order. Later on it transpired there was a clerical error and the paperwork was in fact ok. The police will have to apportion who was to blame and the percentage of negligence by both parties (if any). I wouldn't be surprised if there was a clause in his contract which gives the club the right to dismiss him if he brings the club into disrepute.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well done Plymouth, should of been done ages ago through. This man is going down for a very long time....

If and when he's found guilty I would agree but until that point he should be treated as innocent - as per the law of the land.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Believe it has,along with no insurance ?:bigwave: However this is what we are told. Would be nice to know what the 'true picture' is.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well done Plymouth, should of been done ages ago through. This man is going down for a very long time....
Not if the sentence (if he is found guilty btw) is similar to the bloke who ran into a teenage girl on his pushbike and killed her.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not if the sentence (if he is found guilty btw) is similar to the bloke who ran into a teenage girl on his pushbike and killed her.

A lorry driver has just been convicted of dangerous driving in sussex and got four years for killing two Students.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
well there has been nothing down here about the drink drive charges being dropped plenty of rumours though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here