Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear rest of The Championship

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Here's a handy guide to how to enjoy your day at The Amex.

Make sure you don't concede in the first 10 minutes. After that advance occasionally, mainly on the break, keeping it on the deck and exploiting the space around Dean Hammond's turning circle. Take pot shots from anywhere. Way out. Out wide. Don't worry, you'll either catch one just right or you'll get a really spawny deflection. The best thing? We NEVER do this so we're a bit unprepared for it the other way. One of these will go in.

After that it's just a case of packing your defence and watching us play lovely passing football in the midfield before having an absolute shocker the second we get near the danger zone. If you're going to leave anyone unmarked at set pieces make it the aforementioned Hammond.

If you get a bit panicky at the nice approach play then feel free to waste time obviously and whine.

Go home with your lovely three points.

Love
Brighton

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Make sure you don't concede in the first 10 minutes. After that advance occasionally, mainly on the break, keeping it on the deck and exploiting the space around Dean Hammond's turning circle. Take pot shots from anywhere. Way out. Out wide. Don't worry, you'll either catch one just right or you'll get a really spawny deflection. The best thing? We NEVER do this so we're a bit unprepared for it the other way. One of these will go in.

After that it's just a case of packing your defence and watching us play lovely passing football in the midfield before having an absolute shocker the second we get near the danger zone. If you're going to leave anyone unmarked at set pieces make it the aforementioned Hammond.

If you get a bit panicky at the nice approach play then feel free to waste time obviously and whine.

Love
Brighton

Sadly spot on though why mention Hammond specifically ?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Love
Brighton

I cant argue with that - spot on!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The worrying thing is Warnock is an expert at sussing out the opposition so I see the Leeds game going the same way.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Love
Brighton

Yes. As soon as they scored, I knew it was as good as over :-(

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Add to that, listen to Gus on the radio, and laugh at his views on the game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought with Bruno, Crofts and CMS back we'd find the net. We need two strikers - Boro aren't the only ones in this division with a mean defence.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If leeds score first im going home had enough of it frankly.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im tempted to seriously. Got second season of homelands to catch up on and also walking dead had started so maybe i might.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
68 Minutes to make a change!!!! That decision by ANY manager is a total joke. We do it all the time leave changes so so late WHY????? I will tell you why because WE DON'T HAVE A PLAN B!!! STOP making it so easy to play against us FFS.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I cant argue with that - spot on!

Looked off the pace against Brum & Ipswich and his two headers on goal today were woeful. I think he was today's pet peeve. Incidentally I also said to my mate when they scored something along the lines of 'we won't win now'.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Love
Brighton

As already stated @ 18:35 on the thread: Lack of creativity/attacking intent:

Blue print first established worryingly by Freedman in Sept11, when playing the Albion:

1. Sit back, absorb the pressure ... the Albion's championship goals per game average is astonishingly poor.
2. Try long range shots, they leak them.
3. Hit them on the counter with pacey forwards.
4. El Abd, Hammond, CMS and some others are not very balanced natural-born footballers. If we get our passing game together, these individuals will be chasing shadows.
5. Mark: Buckley, Bridge and Bruno closely, and you've killed their potency.

BrianSwan

Apr 15, 2012
lol this is like us 3 seasons ago, in our second Championship season funny enough.

The speed of thought and tempo will improve as you keep it up.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here