Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Gus...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Good on him for using it as a fitness exercise.

I assume you weren't one of the two thousand or so who paid to see a football match then?

Some people really do think the sun shines out of Poyet's arse.

I don't actually dislike him, but come on, does he really deserve credit for ensuring a lo of people wasted their time and money?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Had we taken our chances we would have won tonight. Orient scored with a flukey deflection to take the lead. Once Murray missed the penalty we did give up though. Overall most on here deride this tournament as a joke, we got the performance I expected and most sensible people would have too. £10 for a game that did not matter in a tournament that does not matter. I saw it as a nice diversion between drinking sessions.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I assume you weren't one of the two thousand or so who paid to see a football match then?

I don't actually dislike him, but come on, does he really deserve credit for ensuring a lo of people wasted their time and money?

I'm only winding you up.

I used to go to all the JPT home games and missed one in the first 9 years at Withdean, but gave up on them in the end. A bit of fun at first, but the novelty wears off.

Whilst I do not think it is an ideal situation to find ourselves in, the cup is worthless unless you get to the final and take a share of the gate receipts.

In a perfect world we would be in the position of say Arsenal and put out a competitive second string team and gun it for the final. Apart from daft rules preventing us from using less than 6 first team regulars, it is an unnecessary fixture if we want to preserve our first team.

We don't have a game for a while, so the sensible option was to use it as a training session and ensure that we don't pick up more suspensions or injuries.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Hang on Scotty, you're not allowed to moan about the manager being a knob and ignoring the fans who've paid good money to watch a team "try and win a game".

Or maybe you are...

Poyet tonight might as well have gone up to the fans and slapped everyone of them in the face (apart from the kids in on a freebie).

Some fans can only afford to watch reduced games like today, and what do they get for their money? A team that gives up as soon as they concede a couple, and a manager who isn't bothered.

Disgusting. Fair enough if it was behind closed doors, but when people are paying to watch then it's piss poor.

Just to point out my children go to tonight's match age 5,9,and 11 cant wait all excited.Then what? Kids don't enjoy no passion I am pissed off.Why? Because I have to pick them up take them out to Withdean try to convince their mother that going to bed late is ok. (school tomorrow) Guess what? I end up with children saying its ok.But won't go again because it wasn't very exciting.3 young fans could be lost forever.Sorry but no thanks.Yes it didn't cost a lot of money.But if I go out for a meal that is half price.I don't expect the food to be crap do I?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Went mental when we weren't allowed to play on in the 1st half, and after the pen miss. Showed as much passion as he always does. If you lot want something to moan about, turn to the players.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
That game got me thinking alot tonight. That was virtually our strongest side albeit a few players and we got turned over by nearly the strongest Orient 11. IMO Orient are our bogey team in this league and for whatever reason we can never seem to play well against them?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I didn't honestly expect it to be anything more than a run out to keep the players in match fitness given the break between now & our next game

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
After the Northampton game it looks like Poyet's pre game speech must have been "Go out and don't do anything silly and don't get injured." They weren't bothered, We weren't bothered, Gus wasn't bothered (yes he went mental at the free kick being called back but in the 2nd half he was sat down 80% of the time, that never happens in league games).

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Agree with most of above. Feel I was mugged for my three tickets money. £32 and a wasted night. Quite agree we should be using it to attract new young fans. Can't see many throwing away their Man U shirts after that. Or perhaps as it was a strong team we are not as good as we think we are.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
If the manager can't be arsed with it that attitude will pass down to the players, same as in the working world when the boss can't be bothered then the staff can't be bothered either. What pissed me off was the report on the radio at 6 when gus basically said he couldn't be bothered in the paint pot tournament as a whole, how many tickets would have been sold if gus had let us know sooner?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ha! People expecting the JPT to be taken seriously by a manager who has already stated the tournament should be got rid of.

Nobody to blame but yourselves.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
In December, when all we've got to worry about is our push up the league and [perhaps] a nice little FA Cup run, we'll be glad we haven't got to risk any injuries in a competition that doesn't really mean anything.

Yes - if you get there, Wembley is a nice day out, but when I went to St Marys on the first day of the season I didn't see anybody proudly sporting a 'JPT Champions 2009/10' t-shirt.

It's the league that matters and when Brezovan, Greer, Sparrow, Calderon, Elphick, Painter, Bennett, Murray, Barnes, Sandaza et al are all in the mix I really believe we'll have a proper final to play in; the League One Play Off Final. Pity it won't be at Wembley.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry but there is a lot of UTTER SHIT being spouted on here. First half we were all over them, Orient offered nothing and we looked like getting 2 or 3. If the ref hadn't called us back for a free kick when we were through on goal that game would've ended 2 or 3 - 0 to us, I'm certain of it.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Sorry but there is a lot of UTTER SHIT being spouted on here. First half we were all over them, Orient offered nothing and we looked like getting 2 or 3. If the ref hadn't called us back for a free kick when we were through on goal that game would've ended 2 or 3 - 0 to us, I'm certain of it.

Maybe we were all over them but what was worrying was how easy the game went away from us and taking off the two strikers was the towel being thrown in.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
On the plus side atleast our players can concentrate on just the league and hopefully get us into the championship before Falmer. Surely thats the most important thing :amex:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe we were all over them but what was worrying was how easy the game went away from us and taking off the two strikers was the towel being thrown in.

Two major things happened in a short space of time:

1. The ref blowing for a foul for US when we were through on goal.

2. Dean Cox scoring a massive deflection.

Please explain what we should've done in those 2 instances.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

We all told Gus to ensure defeat just to piss you off:laugh:

Flair

Flairniac
Sep 1, 2010
if you decide that, for whatever reason, you have no desire to win a match and want to see the tournament it is in scrapped, please can you state so at least two weeks in advance as opposed to the day before, so that next time a large number of fans don't end up wasting money and an evening of their lifes watching a completely pointless game of football

many thanks, and best of luck for the rest of the season :thumbsup:

In an interview a few days before he said that he doesn't give a shit about it!

But you are right, it is annoying when managers do that.....
:albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here