Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins to Leyton Orient?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Martin Ling favourite for the Swindon job and Dean Wilkins is one of the names being mentioned to fill Ling's place at Orient.

Probably just RUMOURS but who knows?

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I've a feeling that Wilkins will prove Dick Knight very wrong very soon. I hope that Wilkins does prove Knight wrong, even though I approved of the ousting of the former and the appointment of Adams. We all want Wilkins to do well as a manager.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I'd be absolutely shocked if Wikins get's a job in League 1. Non league is his only option.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'd be absolutely shocked if Wikins get's a job in League 1. Non league is his only option.

I am interested to know your experience when it comes to recruiting football managers.

On paper, he has a very good track record working with our youth set up and managed to convert a team who had just been relegated and needed a great deal of rebuilding into a top half side, whilst losing his own captain.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Would be quite a nice little grudge match though, wouldn't it? Imagine the build-up...it would almost be worth Orient winning just to hear what he'd say, talk about a sweet result. I said 'almost', it would be Orient after all.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Completely agree. How long out of work now?

He is working as a scout for PREMIERSHIP Fulham. He must be doing something right, if a Premiership side trust his judgement when it comes to selecting potential signings.

McGhee was 'out of work' for NINE months before deciding to take the Motherwell job. Plenty of managers take time out to select the right job for them. The fact that he does not have another management job in the football league is neither here nor there. There are only 92 jobs to go round and very few are available at one time.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I liked Wilkins and don't think he should have been sacked however I'm not convinced he'd cut it at another league one club.
Part of the reason I thought he was good for us was the involvement he had already had with the youth team and managing to work with the players he had progressed.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
He is working as a scout for PREMIERSHIP Fulham. He must be doing something right, if a Premiership side trust his judgement when it comes to selecting potential signings.

McGhee was 'out of work' for NINE months before deciding to take the Motherwell job. Plenty of managers take time out to select the right job for them. The fact that he does not have another management job in the football league is neither here nor there. There are only 92 jobs to go round and very few are available at one time.

so he's a good scout?
whats your point???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here