Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Richards RIP

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's shocking. I have a nephew who complained oif headaches but it took several months before he was diagnosed with a brain tumour. He's in remission now but has lost an eye. His doctor says it's a miracle he's still alive, he was 26 when his condition was finally diagnosed.

R.I.P. Dean, not everybody gets the breaks.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
RIP Dean

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Poor bloke, I never realised that he gave up football because of his illness. Scary when you think he was only 36 :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I realis that. I was only joking. It is indeed very sad.
So your 'joke' on an RIP thread is to purposefully misconstrue a typo, point it out to everyone and make a 'joke' of it.

It seems a little odd to me, oh well.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Really sad news. I met him in Ayia Napa in 2000 along with James Beattie, Hassan Kachloul and Kevin Davies. Was the humblest and least up his arse by far.

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull
What difference does it make what teams he played for?? The man died and he was younger than a lot of people on here.

In fairness to Sheebo, I don't think he was making a comment about what team he played for, more the fact that is it the same person who played for these teams...

RIP Deano...

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
What difference does it make what teams he played for?? The man died and he was younger than a lot of people on here.

I don't think he was having a punt against the Saints or the Spurs.

It is a very sad occassion. Most expensive player to not get an international cap whilst playing in the premier league I believe.

RIP

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How very sad. I remember the night of the twin towers attack when Saints beat us 3-0 at Withdean. Richards never gave Zamora a kick that night. Fine player.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
puts 3 points into perspective

Dean Richards - too young to go. RIP

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm still shocked to be honest - what I don't understand is how this stuff is missed , I don't blame anyone personally but he retired in 2005 due to dizzy spells and headaches , surely if this carried on it would've been spotted and many tests would've been carried out?

but that's a question really for a completely different thread - this is to pay respect so Rest In Peace

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Unbelievable.

I was truly shocked when I read this at lunchtime.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes, terrible news. So young.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here