Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond

What reception will you give to Dean Hammond?

• Total voters

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Neither. Was a good player who put in a lot of effort, but screwed us over regarding his contract. I'll be cringing if anyone boos him on Friday.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally I thought he was under rated for us. We missed him when he left. I will applaud him. Can't see any reason to boo him. He fell out with Dick Knight, it happens (quite a lot).

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I rated him was gutted when he fooked off but he is playing for them now not us so i shall politely decline to boo or clap

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Not many people really know what happened regarding his contract do they? I certainly don't remember any ridiculous demands being made, even if he wanted a huge pay hike he was deserving of it. I was gutted when he left and think the state of our central midfield now shows just how people took Hammond for granted when he was here. He'll get a round of applause from me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not many people really know what happened regarding his contract do they? I certainly don't remember any ridiculous demands being made, even if he wanted a huge pay hike he was deserving of it. I was gutted when he left and think the state of our central midfield now shows just how people took Hammond for granted when he was here. He'll get a round of applause from me.

Don't remember any ridiculous demands? We are never privvy to the demands of the player, shirley? It seems (what has been alluded here) that Wilkins sided with Hammond and the agent in trying to get the best deal possible. What is important is that the club should stick to their wage structure. Should we have broken it for one player? What happens when Elphick or Lynch (not going to happen now) or Murray etc wish to renew their respective contracts? Should we just go for it and offer them whatever they all want (See Luton and others)?

For the record, I wanted Hammond to stay as he was my favourite player and, seemingly, highly underated by the Albion faithful.

He will get a round of applause from me.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
A good player for us.No booing from me.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We could sure dom with him in the team now. His replacement was supposed to be Thomson if I recall who I don't believe has once played as well as Hammond did.

Come back, Dean, all is forgiven!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Neither. Good player for us and I rated him highly. However, the way he left and went to a team like Colchester (if it had been a top half Championship side then I would have understood) left a sour taste.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Neither. Was a good player who put in a lot of effort, but screwed us over regarding his contract. I'll be cringing if anyone boos him on Friday.
did he screw us over???? not so sure....anyway we will probably never know.
A good player for us who i feel we have never replaced however he plays for someone else now, neither for me but theres bound to be twats who will boo him.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
clap - if I was going - good player who we miss - dont know the politics of him leaving but we had to fund buying Murray

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not going, so nothing. :bigwave:

We really don't know what went on with his contract, and anyway, Colchester were fleeced when they paid £250k for him. No real reason to boo him in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here