• Yes

Votes: 55 8.7%
  • No

Votes: 577 91.3%

• Total voters

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Won't boo him as he plays for the stripes. But personally think he's a fuking prick

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
And I too am glad it's not full of people like you, each to their own, we are allowed an opinion, without resorting to insults. Perhaps you could explain why you disagreed with my post, and what reasons you think he should be regarded otherwise, then we mght ave a conversation, or a debate.
ime

Dean was made to leave. it was too good a deal at the time for the club to turn down. he didn't want to go go.
Dick K clashed and Hammond was out.
Sorry to be blunt but i know this to be the case, the pay rise on offer was a joke, how can colchester seem lucrative!!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
This is such a complicated issue that it's making my head hurt a little bit. I love NSC for the fact that when I heard he'd resigne I just imagined all the twats around me blithely supporting him without having actually 'done the time' and known the kind of disrespect he has shown to the club.

Will I be booing him? No. Do I wish he hadnt come back? Yes. In fact I feel that so strongly that even if he is a valuable addition I would rather we were a worse team without him than a better team with him. Because I think as fans we should matter and I hate the blind loyalty that some have when footballers know the trade they're in and the implications that they, as peoria who earn many times what the people who pay their wages earn, can have.

I really can have no enthusiasm about this signing. Sadly I feel we're going the way of a corporate club where nothing matters except the figures, and if Hammond is a good buy then sentiment, and what us as fans have stood for, goes out the window.
Beautifully articulated. Rather less so in my terms; DH is a wank@@

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can't believe the mentality of some people that just because a bloke pulls on a different coloured football shirt you are willing to forget your morals and hero worship him after he metaphorically shat on us.

If hammond comes out and apologises for his behaviour and admits that he's a c**t then I will accept the apology and move on. If he doesn't then I'll be willing to give him some shit exactly as I would've done if he played here next week in a red and white footbal shirt instead of a blue and white one.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I can't believe the mentality of some people that just because a bloke pulls on a different coloured football shirt you are willing to forget your morals and hero worship him after he metaphorically shat on us.

If hammond comes out and apologises for his behaviour and admits that he's a c**t then I will accept the apology and move on. If he doesn't then I'll be willing to give him some shit exactly as I would've done if he played here next week in a red and white footbal shirt instead of a blue and white one.

This.

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
Jesus, do other clubs have fans as bitter as ours? As others have said, he made a mistake in the heat of the moment, move on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
ime

Dean was made to leave. it was too good a deal at the time for the club to turn down. he didn't want to go go.
Dick K clashed and Hammond was out.
Sorry to be blunt but i know this to be the case, the pay rise on offer was a joke, how can colchester seem lucrative!!

I think people have forgotten how desperate for money we were at the time. 250K was an enormous amount and he wasn't the only player sold that window. What was painful to watch was the players going to the media to slate the club like O'Callaghan who was only a loanee. Wilkins was encouraging it and that's when his days were numbered.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think people have forgotten how desperate for money we were at the time. 250K was an enormous amount and he wasn't the only player sold that window. What was painful to watch was the players going to the media to slate the club like O'Callaghan who was only a loanee. Wilkins was encouraging it and that's when his days were numbered.

I don't think anyone is annoyed with him because of the circumstances under which he left the club...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

true dat

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Jesus, do other clubs have fans as bitter as ours? As others have said, he made a mistake in the heat of the moment, move on.

Yeah, and all he's got to do is make a casual acknowledgement and apology of that moment...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think anyone is annoyed with him because of the circumstances under which he left the club...

Some people are trying to make out that he thought he was too good for us. I know he didn't want to leave because he told me so himself. He was fine when he played for Colchester and the fans didn't give him any stick, nor the first game against Southampton. He didn't get any stick at Withdean until he scored the equaliser and then he went off on one.
It seems as though he is trying to apologise in his interview and he came across well after the game in January and on the Withdean Years dvd.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Yeah, and all he's got to do is make a casual acknowledgement and apology of that moment...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Some people are trying to make out that he thought he was too good for us. I know he didn't want to leave because he told me so himself. He was fine when he played for Colchester and the fans didn't give him any stick, nor the first game against Southampton. He didn't get any stick at Withdean until he scored the equaliser and then he went off on one.
It seems as though he is trying to apologise in his interview and he came across well after the game in January and on the Withdean Years dvd.

Touche.

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
He's one of us now ... no way will I ever boo a player in an Albion shirt (except West Brom!)
Think Gus would be well impressed, & probably take to the golf course, if so-called 'fans' boo any signing without giving them a chance to shine first.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Eh? I'm agreeing with you. Read the next sentence and his interview tonight.

Sorry, my bad. I thought you were trying to suggest he hadn't done anything wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here