Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dean hammond return

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
What is this obsession with getting former players back? I'd far rather have the blind optimism of a brand new player with something to prove than someone who left previously under a cloud.

Never go back, the old saying goes. Give me some new players any day.

totally agree:clap:

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
how about wilkins coming back as either head coach or director of youth? i think i'm correct in thinking that bloom was keen on his promotion from youth boss to assistant and then to 1st team boss so he must rate him.

getting him back to head up the youth system would be immense in my view
Do you really think he would accept that ?? :nono::nono:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Do you really think he would accept that ?? :nono::nono:

gotta be more rewarding than scouting for fulham? i can't be the only one that hopes there's at least 2 or 3 home grown players in the team when we run out at falmer for the very first time?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Savage, Wilkins and Hammond, no thanks they are not upto what we want to become, none to be honest were that great, What has Hammond done at Colchester, not much, Savage the odd goal and Wilkins, was poor tactically we were very dull and lucky to win most games in year come 7th, i would get him back involved with the Youth team though if possible, but shows cant be that good as no other club has come in for.
Bloom and the club it seems looking to advance not to go backwards and get mediocre players and i think Owusu is a lot better than Savage but still only be a bit player for us this year, and i bet he after hears this news maybe regrets his complimentary comments and hints that he is going to sign for Adelaide.
Adelaide is nice place and oz is best place in world as spent a lot of time out there but he will only play a season out there then wish didnt move and push to come back to england as good standard football and will end up playing for a Chester or someone.

I think you will find some of those tactical decisions that Dean made did change some games that we were either drawing or losing that we won

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here