Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dean hammond return

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It opens out quite a few prospects as Dick Knight has upset a few over the years.

Dean Wilkins
Joel Lynch - probably not
Baz Savage (instead of Owusu?)

Anymore?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hope not. If we're seriously looking at being a championship club that can compete in a couple of years time he isn't good enough.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
none of the aformentioned are any good, what have they achieved since they left us??

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
how about wilkins coming back as either head coach or director of youth? i think i'm correct in thinking that bloom was keen on his promotion from youth boss to assistant and then to 1st team boss so he must rate him.

getting him back to head up the youth system would be immense in my view

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Porky - you forgot the "and we've scored hardly any goals from midfield since he was sold" bit

No but that just shows how shit our players are as well. I could have mentioned the times he gave the ball away with no cover behind him, could not be arsed to chase back, and we let goals in - like at Crewe the other year.

If we wanted midfielders to score goals, we should have tried harder to keep Sidwell and not let Reading knick him from under our noses.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What is this obsession with getting former players back? I'd far rather have the blind optimism of a brand new player with something to prove than someone who left previously under a cloud.

Never go back, the old saying goes. Give me some new players any day.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as much as Hammond is a good player and served us well, there are other players out there. dont expect to see any old Brighton players return (except maybe in coaching staff?)

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Savage, Wilkins and Hammond, no thanks they are not upto what we want to become, none to be honest were that great, What has Hammond done at Colchester, not much, Savage the odd goal and Wilkins, was poor tactically we were very dull and lucky to win most games in year come 7th, i would get him back involved with the Youth team though if possible, but shows cant be that good as no other club has come in for.
Bloom and the club it seems looking to advance not to go backwards and get mediocre players and i think Owusu is a lot better than Savage but still only be a bit player for us this year, and i bet he after hears this news maybe regrets his complimentary comments and hints that he is going to sign for Adelaide.
Adelaide is nice place and oz is best place in world as spent a lot of time out there but he will only play a season out there then wish didnt move and push to come back to england as good standard football and will end up playing for a Chester or someone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here