Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond - Poor finisher

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I'm sorr yto all who thought he had a good game today.I partly agree,I though he defended well and made a much bigger impact thatn the one he made at QPR,but how many chances did he need today?He had a great chance on his left foot to put us 2-0 up and he didn't.Right after it they went on the attack and got the equaliser.This season,I have never known a player to miss so many sitters.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was hardly a sitter. He was angled away from the goal and had a defender and the goalkeeper to beat. He got a decent left foot shot away on target and worked the keeper, but to call that a sitter is a little unfair.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Easy 10 said:
That was hardly a sitter. He was angled away from the goal and had a defender and the goalkeeper to beat. He got a decent left foot shot away on target and worked the keeper, but to call that a sitter is a little unfair.

No,he made the chance very well,beat two defnders and was one-on-one with the keeper and blasted straight at him.He did well,and the keeper did make it tight but surely they should work on stuff like that in training.Having said that,Chippy's chance to shoot with his left when he didn't really annoyed me.He just waited and waited until he lost,which looked to me like he coul,dn't shoot left footed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
FalmerforAll!** said:
No,he made the chance very well,beat two defnders and was one-on-one with the keeper and blasted straight at him.He did well,and the keeper did make it tight but surely they should work on stuff like that in training.Having said that,Chippy's chance to shoot with his left when he didn't really annoyed me.He just waited and waited until he lost,which looked to me like he coul,dn't shoot left footed.
That was NEVER a one-on-one with the keeper - he wasn't through on goal. The defender was forcing him wider and wider, he took the shot when he could and the keeper beat it out. Hammonds HAS been culpable with some dreadful misses this season, but today wasn't one of them.

Agree with the Chippy chance though - couldn't believe he didn't pull the trigger when that ball held up in the mud and tee'd it up perfectly for him. Other than that though, Chippy had his best game in months today, he was superb.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Easy 10 said:

Agree with the Chippy chance though - couldn't believe he didn't pull the trigger when that ball held up in the mud and tee'd it up perfectly for him. Other than that though, Chippy had his best game in months today, he was superb.

Agreed

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought Hammond had a fairly good game. Moved out to the flanks and never stop running. Yes he had a chance, but these were difficult conditions.

Kev - I am sure he has been working on his finishing, were you expecting him to turn into Lampard or Gerrard?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
BarrelofFun said:
I thought Hammond had a fairly good game. Moved out to the flanks and never stop running. Yes he had a chance, but these were difficult conditions.

Kev - I am sure he has been working on his finishing, were you expecting him to turn into Lampard or Gerrard?

No-one said that but it would be nice if he could actually score the odd goal

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
FalmerforAll!** said:
No-one said that but it would be nice if he could actually score the odd goal

He's got four! Not bad for a midfielder that isn't a natural finisher.

The fact is that we shoudln't have to rely on him to score goals.

4 is not a bad return considering we are heading down and our top scorer has six.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
BarrelofFun said:
He's got four! Not bad for a midfielder that isn't a natural finisher.

The fact is that we shoudln't have to rely on him to score goals.

4 is not a bad return considering we are heading down and our top scorer has six.

But what annoys me so much is that we could be so much higher if we had got a striker sooner,or we had put away some of those chances.Dean Hammond is no acception,if he'd scored half his chances this year he'd be by far our top scorer

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I was trying to work out who Hammond reinded me of and realised it was David Platt. If he isn't scoring he's not doing much else (or doing it poorly). He needs a mobile work horse with a bit of passing ability beside him. I think he looked like he has goals in him today.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
MrV said:
Dean Hammond's simply crap. He isn't a championship footballer and never will be.
Strange that he scored twice against West Ham a year ago isn't it.

This thread proves how unpleasant our "fans" are to home produced players. I now have to live north of the Thames and a work colleague recently asked me if Brighton fans were as ignorant as Saints or Pompey. What do you say?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Fragmented Badger said:
The key words there being "a," "year," and, "ago." Since then, he hasn't really lived up to the promise he showed, er, a year ago.
Well I suppose it's time to tell him what a useless xxxxe he is then isn't it!

Fragmented Badger said:
The key words there being "a," "year," and, "ago." Since then, he hasn't really lived up to the promise he showed, er, a year ago.

It's actually his first season when he has held down a regular place in the team rather than just had a bunch of games here and there. I think that's a great step forward for him and he is developing well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here