Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond appreciation thread

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Great to see him playing well. Thought he looked poor earlier in the season and was so frustrated with the way he was sitting deeper and not advancing like he did when he broke into the team. He's got to grips with the captaincy and has got the balance between sitting and pushing on and looks good. Couple of silly errors first half yesterday but the whole team struggled.
When he plays well, the Albion play well.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Captain fantastic.I said to L1 at the start of the season that Hammond could be our key player this season.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The only ever present. :clap:

Stevegull

Sep 9, 2005
Lewes
He's got better and better since getting the armband. Also since he's has been running midfield without chippy alongside him. :clap: :clap:

Also 4 goals in last 4 games.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
mona said:
A real and genuine Albion legend.

Impressive as he has doubtless been this season, I'd not go anywhere near that far just yet.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hammond has had a new lease of life lately- I wondered a couple of weeks ago if it's partly down to him having the responsibility of being one of the senior figures in the side?

Half the players are now significantly younger than him, and with Carpenter out, it's been down to him to drive the midfield. Maybe he doesn't feel like he has to sit back and wait for someone more experienced to make the decisions now?

I like the new Hammond, a lot. Wendy might think he's underappreciated by fans, but if he carries on in the current vein, he won't be for long.

Great finish yesterday too, I could see him missing that one three or four months ago.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I have a feeling he's the next Kerry Mayo like player at Brighton.

Will never be that great that any other team will lash out and buy him, but will be more than good enough to stick around for 10 years and a testimonial for the club.

Keep up the good work Hammo :clap:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Got to say I'm well happy with Hammond. Was not impressed with his form last season and the beginning of this one but always maintained given some freedom he would start to reseemble the player he can be.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
mona said:
We English hate being positive, don't we?

There's a difference between being positive and being ridiculous.

Hammond is a good player, but I'd hardly mention him in the same breath as Peter Ward when talking about Albion heroes.

One day, maybe, not certainly not yet.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Frutos said:
There's a difference between being positive and being ridiculous.

Hammond is a good player, but I'd hardly mention him in the same breath as Peter Ward when talking about Albion heroes.

One day, maybe, not certainly not yet.

Is the correct answer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Basil Fawlty said:
His shooting and finishing is dreadful to watch, his tackling and passing is in-consistent or even non-exisitant at times. He does alot of puffing and running around, doesn't show any skill on the ball.

Hammond is dreadful. IMO.

Not everyone feels that way. :jester:

He is the engine room of our team and I am so pleased that he has got back to his form of old. He may have found his level or perhaps the Championship came too early for him. Whatever happens, he will always give 100% and he is the sort of player that makes me so proud of The Albion.

:bowdown: Captain Fantastic

Altogether now...."Dean Hammond Football Genius :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Dean Hammond Football Genius..... "

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Barrel of Fun said:
Not everyone feels that way. :jester:

He is the engine room of our team and I am so pleased that he has got back to his form of old. He may have found his level or perhaps the Championship came too early for him. Whatever happens, he will always give 100% and he is the sort of player that makes me so proud of The Albion.

:bowdown: Captain Fantastic

Altogether now...."Dean Hammond Football Genius :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Dean Hammond Football Genius..... "

I do think his form has taken a big upswing, his passing has got a lot better and he is making those great late runs of his but I'm not sure about all this Hammond is our engine stuff. I still think like most attacking midfielders (scholes, platt) he can sometimes be anonymous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here