Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Hammond = Adam Virgo

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Always seems to be in the right place to score that vital goal...and long may it last.

Perhaps Hammond really is the successor to Adam Virgo.

I think he's a way to go before being the complete midfielder people seem to think he is.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Benny Zamora said:
How do you know that?

I'm merely speculating. Hammond is a quality young player who can score from midfield, not many of them about these days.

Brighton till i die said:
hows that then fella?

I'm particularly thinking about his range of passing, and some of his defensive work, eg. the Staunton goal we lost against Coventry.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
I'm particularly thinking about his range of passing, and some of his defensive work, eg. the Staunton goal we lost against Coventry.

To be fair nobody attempted to stop Staunton then, not even Oatway.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've had a semi on all summer waiting to watch Hammond this season. The last 2/3 months of last season he came on an absolute storm, and it looks like he's picking up where he left off. I can't believe the drastic improvement in him during the course of this calender year...he's got far more of a physical presence on the pitch now and doesn't get knocked off the ball lightly. Boundless energy, a true box-to-box midfielder, good tackler, no nonsense, doesn't try the showboating 70 yard passes, just keeps it nice and simple, and knows where the goal is. Perfick.

I just hope MM gives him his wings and plays him in central midfield sooner rather than later. If Chippy carries on how he is at the moment, it won't be long surely.

larus

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
To be fair nobody attempted to stop Staunton then, not even Oatway.

Dangerous ground there Chappers.:lolol:

Hammond has the making of an excellent player. Oatway has been a good servant of the club, but has always been very limited in his abilities. If Hammond keeps on improving at the current rate, he will have lots of opportunities available to move to a much bigger club. I just hope if this hapeens he treats us like Virgo did and not Harding.

Just trying to rein in the absurd hype a bit. We went through this at the beginning of last season with Nicolas. Hammond is doing well, but he needs to keep getting better to attract interest from bigger clubs.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If he ever moves on to fame and superstardom i'm gonna get a copy of his player picture they were selling in the club shop when he was just breaking into the squad a couple of years ago. His face resembled a 12" cheese and tomato pizza with extra red pepper.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't recall anyone going overboard on Nicolas. He's a good, solid player with a good attitude who works hard for the team without being particularly eyecatching. Hammond on the other hand is bound to attract more attention because (gulp) he actually scores regularly from midfield.

I'm not saying he's Steven Gerrard quite yet, but IMHO he is the most exciting prospect at the club right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here