Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Cox

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Defence for the prosecution my Lord.

[B]Cox I guess has been a petulant teenager on the training ground. This is a guess and I may be doing Dean a dis service. [/B]There is no doubt Cox on form is easily a league one player and has a future in the game but something must have happened to have him strolling around Churchill Square on a Saturday afternoon with his girlfriend.

Why even bother putting such shite on here FFS?!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just my ideas. I consider myself told off. ( thanks for calling me intelligent by the way ).

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
With coxy, Whingy and others who seem to have lost out, maybe they need to look at themselves and how they've performed over the last year or so.

If they were any good then why have we been strugling for so long? No, if they want to have a future here then they've got to prove they deserve it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think he's good enough to play for us, I see no reason why not. Poyet should love the type of player Cox is, so it does point toward a problem with Cox's attitude/application. There's no other reason he wouldn't be used. He's not injured, he's just not being used. It's a shame, I think there's a place in the squad for him (Carole's, to be exact!) but he needs to show the attitude and determination of Gary Hart, if he isn't already. It's difficult to speak when you don't know what, exactly, is going on. But it certainly seems like Poyet likes players who work hard and who give their all, even if they're not neccessarily the best players individually.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think he's good enough to play for us, I see no reason why not. Poyet should love the type of player Cox is, so it does point toward a problem with Cox's attitude/application. There's no other reason he wouldn't be used. He's not injured, he's just not being used. It's a shame, I think there's a place in the squad for him (Carole's, to be exact!) but he needs to show the attitude and determination of Gary Hart, if he isn't already. It's difficult to speak when you don't know what, exactly, is going on. But it certainly seems like Poyet likes players who work hard and who give their all, even if they're not neccessarily the best players individually.

No reason why not? I can think of at least this many...1) Supposed poor attitude & lifestyle habits 2)Shitehouse crossing 3) always cuts inside and thus is predictable 4)far to tentative in the way he plays...

Sorry but the lad isn't good enough imo and his performances when he has played, haven't exactly proved me wrong.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I was at the Falmer 3G pitch on the morning of Charlton away, and Coxy and Whingy were talking. Cox said to Whingy 'shall we go to the gym after lunch?'

I presume that is off their own backs, considering it's a yes/no question, and considering the answer was 'definately' hopefully that slightly shows they are trying to get back in and are willing to do that bit extra?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Cox is just the same as ever. He's decent enough that he's never going to attract massive criticism, but at the end of the day if we want to go up or do well he won't be up to it. I think he can be a good player at league 2 level or do a reasonable job for a team at the bottom of our league with no aspirations of improving, but Gus isn't messing about and I'd back him all the way on dumping Cox in order to progress. Put it like this, could Cox ever put in a performance like Lua Lua did in the first half today?

Did you not think that Lua Lua's brilliant first half performance was not unlike Carole in his first spell at the club. Dazzling, but what did he actually produce?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I suppose, I may be slightly blinded by the fact he's so exciting. The EASE with which he just strolled past their full back time after time was something we're really not used to. Ok, we didn't score because of it, but then it's only one game. Who's to say his skills won't help us to a goal or two at Colchester? I guess what I'm saying is I'd rather have someone who drags the other team's defence out of position and has some unpredictability about them.

Fair enough. I just don't think he's worth getting all light headed about just yet. Exciting prospect nonetheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here