Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Cox scores again

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Surely he must play on saturday? If Poyet wants to make his mind up about him, he should give him a proper run out in a proper match. He keeps scoring for the reserves, why isn't it enough to be in contention for the first team? He's done more to justify a place in the matchday squad than Carole has, in my opinion. I don't see what more Cox has to do to get a chance.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
doesn't fit in with Poyet's style of play, thus is surplus to requirements

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Because he is being released?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
since cox has been out of the team and we've gone 4-5-1 with two pacey winners, our form has improved dramatically

if its the way we are going to go for next season, then cox isnt going to play a part

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Cox has had plenty of chances, sorry, not good enough. Would prefer Brinkhurst to get a go.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Surely he must play on saturday? If Poyet wants to make his mind up about him, he should give him a proper run out in a proper match. He keeps scoring for the reserves, why isn't it enough to be in contention for the first team? He's done more to justify a place in the matchday squad than Carole has, in my opinion. I don't see what more Cox has to do to get a chance.

You don't think his mind is already made up?

He's not going to fit in here anymore.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
George Barker scores for the reserves too. Should he be a shoe-in for Saturday?

Just cannot see Cox staying based on his performances over the last 2 years
(oh sorry I forgot - he needs to be given a chance doesn't he)

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Dean Cox comes from the Craig Bellamy school of trouble, Deans Wilkins had to reprimand him if Im remember correct, Slade labelled him his "little bundle of anger management" (or something like that) and Poyet has the balls to rid the club of disruptive influences, like Forster. His moto is simple, act like a twat and you're out!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Gus wants him to go. He wants to go. That's why he's not playing. Simple.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Went along tonight and he is a good player, worth a game.

You went along and think he's worth a game. To me, that means alot more than people just writing him off.

I can't agree he doesn't fit into Poyet's style of play, I think he's exactly the type of player who would thrive upon it. I've never been his biggest fan, but I think it's unfair he's scoring so many for the reserves and isn't even being considered for the first team. Maybe it's just because I don't like Carole, but I can't understand why Poyet hasn't even given him a runout from the bench.

Obviously if he's acted up and isn't being picked because of his attitude, then fair enough. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but on the face of it, it seems harsh he's not involved.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
cox will join Lleyton Orient in the summer.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You went along and think he's worth a game. To me, that means alot more than people just writing him off.

I can't agree he doesn't fit into Poyet's style of play, I think he's exactly the type of player who would thrive upon it. I've never been his biggest fan, but I think it's unfair he's scoring so many for the reserves and isn't even being considered for the first team. Maybe it's just because I don't like Carole, but I can't understand why Poyet hasn't even given him a runout from the bench.

Obviously if he's acted up and isn't being picked because of his attitude, then fair enough. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but on the face of it, it seems harsh he's not involved.

Poyet is the manager and watches him in training every day, to me, that means a lot more than people moaning about him not being in the team. Gus knows best.:thumbsup:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008

He has been, at training.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
George Barker scores for the reserves too. Should he be a shoe-in for Saturday?

Just cannot see Cox staying based on his performances over the last 2 years
(oh sorry I forgot - he needs to be given a chance doesn't he)

Weren't Craig Davies and Gary Hart quite prolific for the reserves, too?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Forster has been scoring for charlton (at the top end of this level), dickinson for peterborough (low end of level above), davies for Vale (level below, but still above reserve level). One is all but definitely gone at the end of the season, one is believed by many to be on his way out, and davies may or may not still be with us next year.

One can surmise either Poyet doesn't want goal scorers at this club, or it's about more than just scoring goals.

Given Murray, Bennett, Crofts, and Barnes are still here with all the goals they're scoring, I'm going with the latter: it takes more than scoring a goal or two to work your way into the team.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I can't agree he doesn't fit into Poyet's style of play, I think he's exactly the type of player who would thrive upon it. I've never been his biggest fan, but I think it's unfair he's scoring so many for the reserves and isn't even being considered for the first team.

?

He has little pace, we play with pacey wingers.
He can only play on the left as he's vastly inferior to Bennett.
If we don't play with pacey wingers, we play a more 'solid' midfield - the likes of Dicker and Hendrie out left, who do more defensively and move into the middle more.

Cox likes to hog the touchline, doesn't beat players, and can't cross a ball.

He has no future here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here