Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Cox re-ignites career.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Bloody hell! To be fair there's no doubting his ability, he just lacks consistancy. I wonder what clubs are looking at him?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He has scored a couple of crackers this season and set up a few as well.

Always had the talent.

I would have probably kept him at Withdean - but maybe a change was what he needed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I wonder what clubs are looking at him?

Could be his agent drumming up trade perhaps?

Fair play to him though - if his attitude matched his talent he would be Championship quality at least.

That said I could make the same comment about Dickinson. Watch and learn tiny.........................

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That's.......surprising.

To be fair, in the handful of times I've seen him play he has always had a good game, occasionally excellent. As said above, if he can get consistency then he could have a good future. Think he's one of several players who's form and morale dipped majorly during the turmoil of management changes and high turnover of players that we've undergone for the past 2-3 years.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Could be his agent drumming up trade perhaps?

Fair play to him though - if his attitude matched his talent he would be Championship quality at least.

That said I could make the same comment about Dickinson. Watch and learn tiny.........................

You could be right about his agent, I always wonder how these stories hit the sky sports website.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Think he's one of several players who's form and morale dipped majorly during the turmoil of management changes and high turnover of players that we've undergone for the past 2-3 years.

In all truth there was allegedly a direct correlation between his performances on the pitch and in the night clubs :lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It was a little strange because i thought Cox had a good game in Poyet's first game against South coast club,but then he was dropped and that was it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Good luck to him. I remember being gutted when he was suspended for the FA Cup game at Upton Park, as thought at the time he could have really made a name for himself.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Cox was explosive in his first season with us but never really re-captured that electric form. Its like he had the bravado coached out of him. He stopped shooting from range and was encouraged to run past people which was never his true strength.

He also suffered from being a youth player at Brighton. Much like Robinson, I'm sure he'll thrive away from the pressure of performing for his boyhood club.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Same as the rumours when he was here. Fact remains any Championship club who buys him will have made a clanger.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
no pace, one footed, questionable attitude - just the attributes you need to play in the championship :jester:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It was a little strange because i thought Cox had a good game in Poyet's first game against South coast club,but then he was dropped and that was it.
I think it was after the Norwich away shambles that he was dropped from the side. Never really got back in, on the face of it he seemed to be harshly overlooked. Supposedly he had a run in with another player in training, dunno if that's true or not though.

Seems like he's been more consistently running the show for Orient, probably benefitting from moving out of his comfort zone here. He was still an underrated player for us though even if he could have been better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here