Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Dean Cox' last night...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can only offer the distance to the pitch and my dodgy eyesight as excuses, but genuinely, I thought Dean Cox was lining up to start last night.

Turned out to be the Albion mascot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I make that joke at pretty much every game. Shameful.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not this time though Mr M. This was 100% for real. I actually said to the guy next to me "oh look Cox is back in", and MEANT it.

I think its cos the mascot was quite tall [for a llittle kid, like..] and he had hair like cox's too...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why is your eyesight so bad?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think Cox is part of Gus's plans.
I don't think Cox is part of Gus's plans at all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think Cox is part of Gus's plans.
I don't think Cox is part of Gus's plans at all.

Would seem that way. I'm curious as to the futures of Kuipers, Virgo and Forster...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would seem that way. I'm curious as to the futures of Kuipers, Virgo and Forster...

Forsters worth a year.
Kuipers is worth a year.
Virgo is worth a couple of years (is his contract up this summer ?). He's pretty solid at CB and actually looks to have improved under Gus/Tanno, but might have to accept he's not an automatic 1st choice.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Do I need to come up with something amusing or smutty here, or can I just admit that I'm going a little bit eye-mental in my old age?

The former please...I'm older than you. :down:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A t t i t u d e

Indeed.
And I've been of the opinion for some time now that he's flattered to deceive. He can look busy, but there's precious little end-product. We get FAR more out of Bennett, and LuaLua is so far ahead of him its not even funny.

Give LuaLua whatever he was earning at Newcastle PLUS Cox's salary, and bin him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Forsters worth a year.
Kuipers is worth a year.
Virgo is worth a couple of years (is his contract up this summer ?). He's pretty solid at CB and actually looks to have improved under Gus/Tanno, but might have to accept he's not an automatic 1st choice.

ALL depends on how ambitious we are in terms of bringing players in.

If we can get in a better keeper, I would question Kuipers worth in the squad, with Brezovan a more than able backup.

I WOULD keep Nicky in for one more year, even if we do buy a high quality striker.

Virgo? Again, jury is out for now until we see who is coming in. We know 2 important facts:

1. Gus rates both Elphick and El Abd.
2. Virgo is one of the top earners at the club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ALL depends on how ambitious we are in terms of bringing players in.

If we can get in a better keeper, I would question Kuipers worth in the squad, with Brezovan a more than able backup.

I WOULD keep Nicky in for one more year, even if we do buy a high quality striker.

Virgo? Again, jury is out for now until we see who is coming in. We know 2 important facts:

1. Gus rates both Elphick and El Abd.
2. Virgo is one of the top earners at the club.

Bottom line is, we're still a third division outfit, and all three of these are solid, experienced performers at this level who, as the time-honoured saying goes, can "do a job". Add in a sprinkling of quality signings of the calibre of Caulderon, Painter, LuaLua et-al, I think retaining the likes of Virgo (who has, I think, improved a lot recently under the new management), is definitely worthwhile, regardless of whether he's one of the bigger earners.

You pay peanuts, etc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can only offer the distance to the pitch and my dodgy eyesight as excuses, but genuinely, I thought Dean Cox was lining up to start last night.

Turned out to be the Albion mascot.

and you then have the nerve to argue that Virgo's goal was an OG when others in seats with a good view insist it wasn't ? :lolol:

Sitting in the Family stand is a good excuse though, on both counts :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The mascot last night had a really long, Brazilian style name. I thought the announcer was joking when he read it out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
and you then have the nerve to argue that Virgo's goal was an OG when others in seats with a good view insist it wasn't ? :lolol:

Sitting in the Family stand is a good excuse though, on both counts :thumbsup:

The East goal is 50 yards nearer to the FS than the halfway line...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here