Dean Bowditch

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Coming for a month: Argus

Albion line up Bowditch loan bid
By Andy Naylor
Albion have lined up a loan move for Ipswich prospect Dean Bowditch.

They are hoping to complete a deal today which will bring the 20-year-old from Portman Road to Withdean for a month.

Hertfordshire-born Bowditch, a former England youth international, can play up front, on the wing or in midfield. He has been with Ipswich since the age of ten, turning down the likes of Manchester United, Spurs and West Ham to progress through their Academy system.

continued...
Awarded his debut at the age of 16, he has made 30 starts for the East Anglian club in the Championship, including nine this term, plus 41 substitute appearances.

Bowditch has bagged eight goals for Town, the last in a victory at QPR at the end of August. He had further Championship experience during a loan spell at Burnley two seasons ago and was also with League Two side Wycombe last season.

Meanwhile, Albion are sweating on a clean bill of health for tomorrow night's Johnstone's Paint Trophy tie at home to Milton Keynes Dons.

The first team players were given yesterday off amid fears of a virus sweeping through the camp as Ian Chapman started work as the Seagulls' new coach.

Remarkably, some of the players were suffering on Saturday during the impressive 3-0 victory at Huddersfield.

Assistant boss Dean White revealed: "It started last week and there were a few people struggling on Saturday with a bit of a cold and coughing and spluttering.

"Probably half-a-dozen players had the sniffles and staff as well, so we decided to keep everyone away from each other and give them an extra day off. We are trying to nip it in the bud before it gets too bad."

Albion are assessing the results on an X-ray on the lower leg injury sustained by substitute Gary Hart at Huddersfield.

11:18pm Monday 30th October 2006

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
seagull4life said:

The first team players were given yesterday off amid fears of a virus sweeping through the camp as Ian Chapman started work as the Seagulls' new coach.

Are they trying to say that Chappers has brought some sort of disease with him from Whitehawk ???

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
looks likely then ,

I really want to not be a moaning c unt but Im not sure our team needs more young kids from other teams.....we have enough of them.

It's good someone is coming Is the positive spin

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dougal said:
looks likely then ,

I really want to not be a moaning c unt but Im not sure our team needs more young kids from other teams.....we have enough of them.

It's good someone is coming Is the positive spin

He has more experience than some of our team. 50 starts and 50 sub appearances.

I am a great believer that if you are good enough, then you are old enough.

Fingers crossed on this one!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How many short term loans are we allowed in a season? Is this the fourth already?

I'm not TOO concerned mind you. With a clean bill of health we are pretty strong defensively now that Hinsh and Butters are back and now that we are finally playing Revell and Robinson as a front two going forward we look a bit more together. Hopefully we can find another winger and start playing a more solid 4-4-2 formation that should seee us right until the end of the season.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
How many short term loans are we allowed in a season? Is this the fourth already?

I'm not TOO concerned mind you. With a clean bill of health we are pretty strong defensively now that Hinsh and Butters are back and now that we are finally playing Revell and Robinson as a front two going forward we look a bit more together. Hopefully we can find another winger and start playing a more solid 4-4-2 formation that should seee us right until the end of the season.

Lowe (Does he count?), Stokes, Williams, Whing and Possibly Bowditch.

I 'think' we are allowed 12 loans a season. Stokes, however, could count for 2 given he was on loan for a month and then extended for another.

Something Ferret or the like needs to clear up.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Hannibal smith said:
Lowe (Does he count?), Stokes, Williams, Whing and Possibly Bowditch.

I 'think' we are allowed 12 loans a season. Stokes, however, could count for 2 given he was on loan for a month and then extended for another.

Something Ferret or the like needs to clear up.

Stokes will only be one loan. Short term loans can be up to 3 months.

Also if we were to extend Whing or this Ipswich lad into half season or season long loans, it would not count against our short term (3 month) loans.

Confused?

Stumpy Tim

Good signing. I think Dean is looking for someone to play where Fraser was playing at Huddersfield.... can't see him being a replacement for Robinson. Having said that, if Robinson gets injured we don't have a like-for-like replacement

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Even as a McGhee fan when he was here I am far more comfortable with pacy young players in attack than expensive old journeymen. It may have been the route to go last season but now we are in league 1 we seem to be better off building for the future. I am fully behind DW in going down this route as long as we avoid dropping into the relegation zone where experience would then become essential imo. Well done Deano :clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
y2dave said:
Where did Fraser play?
On the right side of midfield. Harty came on for him at half time and was subbed injured after 5 minutes. :( So I'd guess he could go in there, he could play the wing forward type role if we were to revert to the 4-3-3/4-5-1, or he could just be back up as all we have is Molango and Gatting.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Silent Bob said:
On the right side of midfield. Harty came on for him at half time and was subbed injured after 5 minutes. :( So I'd guess he could go in there, he could play the wing forward type role if we were to revert to the 4-3-3/4-5-1, or he could just be back up as all we have is Molango and Gatting.

We wouldn't waste a loan slot on back up.

He will be in the team, probably in place of Fraser:)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
shame we couldn't have waited to see if Burley would let Lallana go because the kid really wanted to play at the Albion, and there ain't many of them about these days.

weighing it up though, Bowditch is vastly more experienced, so it should work out for the better.

I'm actually staring to get a smidgen interested in the albion again, does make a change from all the doom and gloom.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
dwayne said:
shame we couldn't have waited to see if Burley would let Lallana go because the kid really wanted to play at the Albion, and there ain't many of them about these days.

weighing it up though, Bowditch is vastly more experienced, so it should work out for the better.

I'm actually staring to get a smidgen interested in the albion again, does make a change from all the doom and gloom.

Id rather have Bowditch to be honest, Vastly experienced in the Championship and should do a fairly decent job down here.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Unlimited loans according to the Insider. Very handy.

Edit: Just a thought but wouldn't Wilkins have better contacts and links to young players given his position with our youth set up for the last few years? Surely he'd have seen a few players playing for other youth sides?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here