Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deal or No Deal Bottlers

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
3 times this last 2 weeks the £ 250000 has come to the table. Each time the bottlers dealt. At £ 10000, £ 15000 and £ 18000 at the 5 box stage. So the banker has brought £ 750000 for £ 43000. No one will ever win the big money as everyone bottles it at the 5 box stage. They have had 1 winner in nearly 900 shows.

Its getting boring as you know the £ 250000 prize is an irrelevence as no one will ever go for it.

Anyone else watch this and agree. The average take must be around £ 5000.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely the bigger question is how is The Weakest Link still on TV?!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Psst, it's all scripted.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wouldn't surprise me if it is, the fake affection of the other contestants towards the one playing is sickening.

No wonder this country's going to the dogs. (I think I'm just going to end every post like that now.)

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I used to watch DOND every day at uni for the first year it was on, AND even coined the nickname "DOND" between uni pals (I am such a cool kid, modern day legend, whatever !!!"

I got bored of it because its always such an anti-climax..almost like dinner dates with Mellotron.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I stopped watching when I found out that the were "saving" the 1st £250k winner for several weeks until nearer Christmas, as they said it would get better ratings.

Besides, the contestants are all knob jockeys or actors. Fact.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Wouldn't surprise me if it is, the fake affection of the other contestants towards the one playing is sickening.

No wonder this country's going to the dogs. (I think I'm just going to end every post like that now.)

Do it Mellotron, I like your style.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Surely the bigger question is how is The Weakest Link still on TV?!
At least it takes SOME intellectual capacity to win that, a well trained DOG could play Deal or No Deal. What's more astonishing is that people watch it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
3 times this last 2 weeks the £ 250000 has come to the table. Each time the bottlers dealt. At £ 10000, £ 15000 and £ 18000 at the 5 box stage. So the banker has brought £ 750000 for £ 43000. No one will ever win the big money as everyone bottles it at the 5 box stage. They have had 1 winner in nearly 900 shows.

Its getting boring as you know the £ 250000 prize is an irrelevence as no one will ever go for it.

Anyone else watch this and agree. The average take must be around £ 5000.

you have watched this programmed for the last two weeks ?
do you not have anything better or constructive to do ?
even worst you come and report about it on here :shrug:
you want to turn off the telly, reach down and push your arm down the back of the sofa and see if you can find yourself a life

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I find it interesting but whenever someone has a gambling instinct and goes for it they crash and burn and whenever someone has the £ 250k they bottle it at the 5 box stage for a derisory offer. Do you think it is fixed/manipulated ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
you have watched this programmed for the last two weeks ?
do you not have anything better or constructive to do ?
even worst you come and report about it on here :shrug:
you want to turn off the telly, reach down and push your arm down the back of the sofa and see if you can find yourself a life

f*** me your in a good mood today. What the f*** has it got to do with you what the hell I watch and why feel the need to post some venomous toss, no need for it at all really is there

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
f*** me your in a good mood today. What the f*** has it got to do with you what the hell I watch and why feel the need to post some venomous toss, no need for it at all really is there
Well Said Garth. It Really Is Quite Unbelievable That So Many Dicks On Here Are Happy To Rubbish Your Opinion On Financial Matters.

When The Greatest Financial Whizzkid On The Board Has An Opinion, People Should Listen, And In This Case If You Say D.O.N.D. Is A Load Of Shite Then That Is Good Enough For Me. I Shan't Be Watching Any More.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I stopped watching when I found out that the were "saving" the 1st £250k winner for several weeks until nearer Christmas, as they said it would get better ratings.

It's true :nono:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Uncle,

Agree completely.

I get quite irritated when a strong board gets
ignored - they came there to play the game not
play bottler!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well Said Garth. It Really Is Quite Unbelievable That So Many Dicks On Here Are Happy To Rubbish Your Opinion On Financial Matters.

When The Greatest Financial Whizzkid On The Board Has An Opinion, People Should Listen, And In This Case If You Say D.O.N.D. Is A Load Of Shite Then That Is Good Enough For Me. I Shan't Be Watching Any More.

The Bars is back :falmer::ascarf:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyway not that I have to explain myself I work from home some days and do my work in the living room and have the tele on so I am still working.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Back to the original post, most people who go on there are probably normal folk with little disposable income. If they had a choice of going home with £250,000 or £1 (happened last week to some woman I think) and you get offered £50,000 then most people wouldn't risk going for the £250,000. I know that the risk/return ratio is poor when you get offered £50k in that situation but if they had the £1 in their box then they would look like a genius if they took the dealers offer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
At least it takes SOME intellectual capacity to win that, a well trained DOG could play Deal or No Deal. What's more astonishing is that people watch it.

That is true.

But Weakest Link has been on for YEARS. They still try to push this moody atmosphere even thought the money being offered is rubbish compared to both Deal... or Who Wants...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do it Mellotron, I like your style.

Alright alright pipe down. I don't want a special relationship like you and Paxton Dazo seem to have...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The recent one was £ 250000, £ 3000, £ 1000 and 2 blues. She took £ 10000 :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here