Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deadline day for Jason Crowe??

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I'm sure I heard/read that the Albion gave Jason Crowe until the end of today to decide if he'll join us, I would have thought if he was going to join that he would have done it by now?

Or...he's been on holiday and he came back yesterday!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whing definitely needs to be given a cut off date to accept imo and it should be soon, not two days before pre-season

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why would we lay down the law with such decsions this early? isnt the transfer window technically closed until July anyway?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Also isnt he only on a sort of stand by with us in case Whingy doesnt sign?
personally think we should sign him anyway either to give Whingy competition or to cover our backs if (as is seeming more likely) he doesnt sign.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Also isnt he only on a sort of stand by with us in case Whingy doesnt sign?
personally think we should sign him anyway either to give Whingy competition or to cover our backs if (as is seeming more likely) he doesnt sign.

Also, Crowe can do a job in right midfield.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
why would we lay down the law with such decsions this early? isnt the transfer window technically closed until July anyway?

As I understand it, Jason Crowe is out of contract, or will be by the end of the month. I gather a lot of footballing contracts allow for negotiating deals shortly prior to the end of contract (even if it isn't general practice I think most teams give their permission anyway).

Out of contract players aren't subject to the transfer windows as far as I'm aware.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here