Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

De La Soul

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Missed them down here last time but by all reports they were pretty decent and have still got a live show worth seeing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ring Ring Ring

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
DEAR LORD DON'T GO

we went to the southampton show and it was VILE.

The posters and promotional features all suggested a return to the joys of their classic old school stuff. The stuff we remembered from childhood. EVERYONE wanted 3's the magic number(obviously) but NO.

It was an hour of awful awful awful rap from their newest album. NO CLASSICS. NO ENCORE. NO STAGE PRESCENCE(they were clearly stropping that we all wanted to hear SOME songs we knew) and the support acts were WOEFUL(Especially the one from brighton)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
DEAR LORD DON'T GO

we went to the southampton show and it was VILE.

The posters and promotional features all suggested a return to the joys of their classic old school stuff. The stuff we remembered from childhood. EVERYONE wanted 3's the magic number(obviously) but NO.

It was an hour of awful awful awful rap from their newest album. NO CLASSICS. NO ENCORE. NO STAGE PRESCENCE(they were clearly stropping that we all wanted to hear SOME songs we knew) and the support acts were WOEFUL(Especially the one from brighton)

Right

Fuckin first off, you watched it in scumland. No wonder they weren't up for it, performing for a bunch of yacht-owning, shit-munching simpletons. It was probably at the uni and that's quite a posh uni so I can well imagine a bunch of muppets screaming for magic number.

Fuckin winds me up. 3ft High And Rising was 20 years ago, fair fuckin play they don't wanna churn it out incessantly to a bunch of "I love inoffensive hip hop" floppycocks.

They got a new album out, and are on a promotional tour, what the f*** do you think they are gonna play? Every band that ever was plays tunes from their new album on a tour so people buy the cocking album.

The Grind Date was pretty recent and that was a fuckin top album. Even average De La releases usually shit on most modern releases. To be 20 years into a career that was supposed to last five mins and still releasing relevant records without sounding like an ageing tribute band, I salute them. Most in hip hop do one good classic debut album, it goes to their heads, they get a bit of cash and that's it.

I didn't even know they got a new album coming out, so it was probably just recent songs eg) not on 3ft High And f***ing Rising. Stakes Is High pisses backwashed horse jizz all over that album.

No doubt the posters all have daisys on them and that's because they are playing university towns and know damn well the only way they will get a near sell out is by enticing the indie kids. They need to make money, they're almost granddads.

The best live hip hop ive seen was De La playing a rammed massive tent in Hackney Marshes. If there is a good crowd and they can get something back off it, they're shit hot live. Seen em three times now, always gone home happy. Thinking about it, £18 is expensive but if Pos came up to me and asked me to spot him a bluey for the effort he took to write his verse on Stakes Is High, I'd tell him to shit off and give him a fifty.

Good day sir

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Right

Fuckin first off, you watched it in scumland. No wonder they weren't up for it, performing for a bunch of yacht-owning, shit-munching simpletons. It was probably at the uni and that's quite a posh uni so I can well imagine a bunch of muppets screaming for magic number.

Fuckin winds me up. 3ft High And Rising was 20 years ago, fair fuckin play they don't wanna churn it out incessantly to a bunch of "I love inoffensive hip hop" floppycocks.

They got a new album out, and are on a promotional tour, what the f*** do you think they are gonna play? Every band that ever was plays tunes from their new album on a tour so people buy the cocking album.

The Grind Date was pretty recent and that was a fuckin top album. Even average De La releases usually shit on most modern releases. To be 20 years into a career that was supposed to last five mins and still releasing relevant records without sounding like an ageing tribute band, I salute them. Most in hip hop do one good classic debut album, it goes to their heads, they get a bit of cash and that's it.

I didn't even know they got a new album coming out, so it was probably just recent songs eg) not on 3ft High And f***ing Rising. Stakes Is High pisses backwashed horse jizz all over that album.

No doubt the posters all have daisys on them and that's because they are playing university towns and know damn well the only way they will get a near sell out is by enticing the indie kids. They need to make money, they're almost granddads.

The best live hip hop ive seen was De La playing a rammed massive tent in Hackney Marshes. If there is a good crowd and they can get something back off it, they're shit hot live. Seen em three times now, always gone home happy. Thinking about it, £18 is expensive but if Pos came up to me and asked me to spot him a bluey for the effort he took to write his verse on Stakes Is High, I'd tell him to shit off and give him a fifty.

Good day sir

There are actually SO MANY contradictions in there that i frankly cant be arsed to highlight EACH one...

BUT

it wasnt at a uni. it was at guldhall

it was promoted as ''the classic hits''....one was played

if they were in 'scumhampton' and therefore wernt for it...THEN WHY SIGN UP TO DO IT....yeah really proffessional!!!

you then write that they promoted it like they did....to get the students....which u then claim is the reason they were not up for it....and is the reason they didnt play the songs STUDENTS want to here. CLEVER MARKETING. everyone left, and thought it was SHIT...so yeah, your right...they did REALLY WELL getting the students in, lying about what the gig would be, and stropping on stage.

you silly silly man

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Right

Good day sir

Word!

(that means I agree with everything the aforementioned poster has written especially the bit about yacht-owning, shit-munching simpletons)

They did a great track on DJ Babu's Duck Season Vol 1 compilation too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here