Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy Propper

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
not for me , couldn't shoot , couldn't score , wasn't quick , couldn't head , couldn't assist , wasn't physical , liked to go missing

apart from that could hit a few pals about with outside of foot so yeah , maybe was ok

all been done anyway hasn't it

good luck to him

Compared to all those other midfielders we have that scored and assisted loads of goals? ???

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
No more bizarre than your deep desire to be my buttplug.

I have a distaste for lots of things about the modern football world. I dont think I'm the only one who has those feelings while also following it (since it is a fantastic sport after all).

I desire many things chum always happy to add a new one to the list if you're game :thumbsup:

Your constant snidey remarks about this country, that always emerge somewhere in your long posts, are rather tiresome that's all. Anyway, as said, cba. Life's too short to engage with unpleasant faceless bods on the www.

Stay frosty.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Life wears us all down eventually. He's had a great career and there's no shame in taking a bow before the inevitable decline, especially when his heart isn't in it anymore.

All the best Davy.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
70% of billionaires are self made according to Forbes. The millionaires I’ve worked with (either execs at my employer or with partner organisations) all work very very hard and appear to be at 24/7 even when on holiday.

In reality Forbes mythologises here somewhat, which is not surprising for that publication. Looking deeper you will see that most of the richest people come from privileged backgrounds where they were given many opportunities to succeed. The link below goes to a synopsis of a study by The Institute of Policy Studies. They looked at Forbes 400 hundred richest Americans, and this was for the 2012 list, but I doubt much has changed. Only about 30 percent of the wealthiest come from poor or middle class backgrounds - only these can truly claim to be "self-made." It's an interesting study with a handy baseball analogy. One of the keys for me is that people from privileged backgrounds can take the risks to fail knowing that it's unlikely they'll be out on the street. Plus, the access to the network of money and power is a huge leg-up for the privileged.

https://ips-dc.org/the_self-made_hallucination_of_americas_rich/

Anyway, this thread is about Davy Propper. Thanks to him for being a good Albion player, and best of luck for his life after retirement from playing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's been an odd few days since Sunday.

Started with Stephens, moved onto Groß, then inexplicably Ryan got dragged up out of nowhere and now a little on Propper.

I just don't understand the need to remember the 'bad' (there weren't any bad) times.
If you didn't like Davy then fine but why hold onto that for all the years to come?

As said earlier just remember the double assault v Bournemouth.
Stephens - the FORWARD pass to Knockaert.
Gross - turn obvs.
Ryan - any number of saves/pile ons/supporter involvement.

It seems odd to not only just remember your anger but to drag it up at any available opportunity.

They aren't even the Kemys or Leon (Not The) Best's of our recent history.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Very best of luck to Davy in his retirement. I'm sorry that playing through the pandemic was so tough - I hope in time he will think fondly of Brighton

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's been an odd few days since Sunday.

Started with Stephens, moved onto Groß, then inexplicably Ryan got dragged up out of nowhere and now a little on Propper.

I just don't understand the need to remember the 'bad' (there weren't any bad) times.
If you didn't like Davy then fine but why hold onto that for all the years to come?

As said earlier just remember the double assault v Bournemouth.
Stephens - the FORWARD pass to Knockaert.
Gross - turn obvs.
Ryan - any number of saves/pile ons/supporter involvement.

It seems odd to not only just remember your anger but to drag it up at any available opportunity.

They aren't even the Kemys or Leon (Not The) Best's of our recent history.

But this remains a discussion board and therefore differing opinions are inevitable.....

All players have 'sell-by' dates, some reach their's sooner than others, and arguably some overstay their welcome. It could even be levelled that they weren't better than the person they replaced.......

Personally, I don't see a problem, though anyone who criticises at least three of those four are talking out of their backside (IMO of course)...... LoL

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But this remains a discussion board and therefore differing opinions are inevitable.....

All players have 'sell-by' dates, some reach their's sooner than others, and arguably some overstay their welcome. It could even be levelled that they weren't better than the person they replaced.......

Personally, I don't see a problem, though anyone who criticises at least three of those four are talking out of their backside (IMO of course)...... LoL

Of course you are correct.

It just feels a bit off to me, very much in the 'why bother now?' camp.
It's not like there aren't fond memories in there, somewhere.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Who said he did? But the bit I highlighted illustrates yet again your distaste for English football, yet you're all over us like a cheap whore. Seems bizarre to follow something you have so much disdain for, that's all?

He likes a good preach and while it's a discussion board, to Swanny it's just his view that holds any water, apparently :yawn:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He likes a good preach and while it's a discussion board, to Swanny it's just his view that holds any water, apparently :yawn:

Davy Pröpper said that his passion for football had gradually died during the years abroad ( = England) so my comment about the football world being rough in general and that it is amplified in England (or Spain or Italy for that matter but they have **** all to do with Pröpper) had relevance to the topic. If some people wants to see this as some kind of attack on the perfect and flawless English nation and the very healthy and sane concept of Premier League then :schelotto: if you want, it doesnt change my take.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Davy Pröpper said that his passion for football had gradually died during the years abroad ( = England) so my comment about the football world being rough in general and that it is amplified in England (or Spain or Italy for that matter but they have **** all to do with Pröpper) had relevance to the topic. If some people wants to see this as some kind of attack on the perfect and flawless English nation and the very healthy and sane concept of Premier League then :schelotto: if you want, it doesnt change my take.

You're putting words in Pwopper's mouth based on that big chip of yours hun.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The thing about the Albion's 12 years of almost constant improvement is that the foundations for today's high standards have been built by those who came before.

You don't get to sign Lallana without Propper, you don't get Propper without Kayal, and you don't get to sign Kayal without Bridcutt. They have all played their part, yet it would be easy to trash the earliest 3 for not being as gifted as Lallana.

So I salute Davy and the important role he has played in helping get the Albion where they are today, I wish him well in his retirement and I look forward to him being welcomed back to The Amex in the future.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
But still managed 19 caps for the Netherlands. Not too shabby for someone who is useless at football

If only Houghton and Porter had played Davy in his most effective position behind the strikers. That’s where he ALWAYS played for the Netherlands.

Can’t help but feel this might the real reason why he fell out of love with the game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Of course you are correct.

It just feels a bit off to me, very much in the 'why bother now?' camp.
It's not like there aren't fond memories in there, somewhere.

Very fair comment….

Difficult to forget the first time Ryan sprinted the length of the field to celebrate a goal……

Also, even big Jurg had his Millwall moment…..

The Gross turn (who scored our first PL goal?), in fact who scored our first top flight goal? 😉

Stephens arguably our most consistent performer……

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
If only Houghton and Porter had played Davy in his most effective position behind the strikers. That’s where he ALWAYS played for the Netherlands.

Can’t help but feel this might the real reason why he fell out of love with the game.

This is an interesting point (although of course really it was the sick English culture that did it).

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
This is an interesting point (although of course really it was the sick English culture that did it).

Okay, that's enough defensive nationalism for one day - everyone can tell you're a patriot. The Swedish bloke was talking about English football culture being sick, and I think that he clarified that he was mostly referring to the PL. He did not say that English culture as a whole is sick, so a bit of conflation there from you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here