David Yelldell in goal at Leeds

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Well done MM, looking forward to a great game.:clap2: :clap2:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
How is Mark McGhee planning on giving Chris May the experience he needs to play for Brighton?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Excellent!

I might have to change my name to Yelldell Loan Spell if hes any good!!!

TMLS (named after our original US loanee GK)

Last edited:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Seagullible said:
David Yelldell a former US marine!

actually looks a bit like the love child of Molango and Kuipers :eek:

From Molongo's side though :lolol: !!

Any chants being worked on at the moment, for him tommorrow?

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
what has this Yelldell ever done??

I have never heard of him before!!

My opinion is that i think May should be given a chance. Why sign someone's third choice keeper when we have got a keeper already with us. If May isn't good enough then why the f*** are we paying him as a professional footballer

If I was May I would be a bit pissed off that mcghee has not faith in his ability and feels that he can use him

We shall see what happens. Mcghee has got it right so far with all his signing, just feel this is a bit strange???

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
perth seagull said:
He's a Yank so he must be a decent keeper.

Yeah, like Sly Stallone in Escape to Victory :lolol:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
He`s 6 ft 5 ins for christ`s sake, got to be a better choice than 5ft 9ins May and 4 yrs older. No disrespect to May at all but he looks more the part for now, come on my son!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
what experience has this guy had?? has he played in teh championship or the premiership before, i am not convicened with this guy, i hope i am proved wrong.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Storer68 said:
I don't think May is a professional yet. I seem to recall reading in last weeks programme that he was hoping to sign pro forms for us in the summer

No, May hasn't signed pro yet. He's still part of the youth squad, filling the bench while Roberts was out. Think the club are keen to get him signed up at the end of the season but I think it's a bit early for him to be our only keeper.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Silver flying chariot said:
what has this Yelldell ever done??

I have never heard of him before!!

My opinion is that i think May should be given a chance. Why sign someone's third choice keeper when we have got a keeper already with us. If May isn't good enough then why the f*** are we paying him as a professional footballer

If I was May I would be a bit pissed off that mcghee has not faith in his ability and feels that he can use him

We shall see what happens. Mcghee has got it right so far with all his signing, just feel this is a bit strange???

May is 19, don't you think giving him his first ever start away to Leeds would throw him in the deep end a bit?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
O Lads has hit the nail squarely on the head, Leeds is going to be a big game for the team, throwing a young player in at the deep end sometimes works, but not always. I hope that May goes on to become our second and then first choice keeper and has a long and fruitful career at the Albion, there is some wisdom in bringing in someone with a little more experience for the rest of the season, we are still in with an excellent chance of achieving our aim and staying up, lets not ruin that chance and the confidence of a young keeper by playing him too early.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
O Lads said:
May is 19, don't you think giving him his first ever start away to Leeds would throw him in the deep end a bit?

and how many games has this loan player played???

If May is good enough, he is old enough in my book and I really don't see the benefit of playing the blackburn 3rd choice keeper!!!

He has probably not even met the players yet!!!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Somebody's got to explain sometime why way more than 1-in-11 American players are keepers -- Keller, Freidel, Howard.

Is it the 'between basketball and baseball they're born using their hands, might as well put them between the sticks where it's legal' theory in action?

Fairly few -- proportionately too few -- American non-goalies .

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here