Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Wheater for England...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think it is about time we tried out some new faces or we could just go through the motions again and pick the same players. I would rather have players that would love to play for their country as opposed to players that do it out of a sense of duty and the bonuses are satisfactory. He is supposedly in the running for player of the season at Boro.

Oct 25, 2003
theres 7 centre backs in that squad (including brown and lescott) and wheater has definitely been in the top 7 centre backs this season, he's been in excellent form and anyone who says otherwise has probably only seen him in boro's dismal f.a cup games

who would you have in his place OH WISE ONE, seeing as you clearly know more than one of the greatest football managers on earth?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
He's shit end of.

That comment is 'shit' as you so eloquently put it. He has been Boro's best player this year and weighed in with a few goals. Exactly the sort of player who should be in the squad. Who would you have chosen then?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Terry, Ferdinand, Woodgate, King, Lescott, Brown, Jagielka, Carragher, Upson, Davies.

Thats 10 centre backs of the top of my head that will always be better than Wheater, i could probably think of a few more.

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
He's shit end of.

Do you have any idea how hes been playing?
He's been Middlesbrough's best player!, anyway why has Wheater been targeted when players like Walcott, Owen and Beckham have been selected?, I'm going off Cappello more and more when seeing his selection.

Oct 25, 2003
Terry, Ferdinand, Woodgate, King, Lescott, Brown, Jagielka, Carragher, Upson, Davies.

Thats 10 centre backs of the top of my head that will always be better than Wheater, i could probably think of a few more.

carragher=retired
davies=injured
jagielka=would have him in but not as CB

seeing as terry and ferdinand are gonna start i don't see the problem in having him in the squad, and like i said, wheaters been in fine form, and cappello seems to go on form as opposed to reputation

Oct 25, 2003
Do you have any idea how hes been playing?
He's been Middlesbrough's best player!, anyway why has Wheater been targeted when players like Walcott, Owen and Beckham have been selected?, I'm going off Cappello more and more when seeing his selection.

owen, despite playing for an awful side, is still one of our best strikers, same with beckham with regards to midfielders (might have something to do with that 100th cap aswell).......walcotts been in fine form

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wheater's playing well but will he get a game? If not he'd be better off in the U21s.

I'm surprised Carrick hasn't got a look in, I'd have thought he'd be Capello's type of player, and is playing well. Rob Green is in much better form than Carson.

Also it seems odd that players like Lennon and Huddlestone aren't in the U21s OR the senior squad.

Oct 25, 2003
oh and this is a FRIENDLY squad.........people seemed to have forgotten some of the horrors mclaren, eriksson and keegan inflicted on us for friendly squads

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Wheater isn’t a bad shout and he wont get into the final 23 anyway. The fact they let Woodgate go because he was playing so well gives you a clue as to how high they rate him up there. More to the point, I’d like to know what Beckham has done for the LA Dog and Duck to deserve a recall.

Oct 25, 2003
as long as beckhams fit he's fine to be in the squad in my view........apparently that baldini guy was satisfied that he was fit enough to play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here