Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Neighbour writes....

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
TelscombeGull said:
It makes me so angry. LDC profess to want to protect Falmer as an Area of Outstanding Dual Carriageway, but some of these same councillors (Liz Lee, Marina Pepper and David Neighbour) also sit on Telscombe Town Council and are currently trying to get planning permission to dump 25000 tons of waste on Telscombe Tye! (Sorry, cant find on Interweb but was in Newhaven edition of the Leader a week or so back, and on many posters around Telscombe Cliffs and Telscombe Village).

WTF is all that about?:bounce: :flameboun :bounce: :flameboun

residents with cash

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
MYOB said:
You're allowed sit on multiple councils? I thought the UK had no provision for a Dual Mandate ???

You're allowed to sit on a county, district and town council (three tiers of councils in shire areas such as East Sussex).

I don't think you can sit on two different councils of the same type, for example Lewes District and Wealden District. In any case, you'd be banjaxed by the residency rules if you tried.

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
TelscombeGull said:
It makes me so angry. LDC profess to want to protect Falmer as an Area of Outstanding Dual Carriageway, but some of these same councillors (Liz Lee, Marina Pepper and David Neighbour) also sit on Telscombe Town Council and are currently trying to get planning permission to dump 25000 tons of waste on Telscombe Tye! (Sorry, cant find on Interweb but was in Newhaven edition of the Leader a week or so back, and on many posters around Telscombe Cliffs and Telscombe Village).

WTF is all that about?:bounce: :flameboun :bounce: :flameboun

Also add in the Carr family who own a number of farms around the back of Peacehaven, sit on Telscombe council and generally populate the Tye with their cattle. Interestingly enough the Carrs are not keen on bridleways and rights of way through their property.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Whisper it quietly.....

I think Perseus is an expert on the Telscombe Tye issue.

I'll try to find what he's written about it in the past on the Argus forum when I get a chance.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Have I missed anything important out or is anything factually incorrect, before I submit this letter?

Cheers.

In response to Mr Neighbour’s letter regarding time wasting (Letters, December 14). I noticed with great interest that he said the blame for ‘any’ delay should be laid on the doorstep of John Prescott’s former department. I would contest that and suggest that the word ‘any’ should be replaced by ‘part of this latest’.

Did the Lewes District Council not receive a letter with assurances, in a cover letter to the Consent Order and the same letter being dismissed as ‘irrelevant’? Only to pull out on the eve of the high court case, it appeared that the same letter was perfectly acceptable. It has been nearly 14 months since the ‘Yes’ decision was given and over 5 years since the original planning application was submitted, enough time surely to gather and prepare their case!

It is as clear for all to see that when it comes to time wasting, the Lewes District Council has shown that they are highly adept at moving the case along as slowly as possible and exploiting the system. Why? Only they know, but it is fairly obvious as to their intentions.

One thing is for sure, it would be very nice to know what their electorate think of their ongoing crusade to stop the stadium. I don’t believe that they have been consulted, despite thousands of pounds AND man hours dedicated to this case.

Supposedly the Liberal Democrats exist to build and safeguard a fair, free and open society. They believe that the role of the state is to enable all citizens to attain these ideals, to contribute fully to their communities and to take part in the decisions which affect their lives. Closed meetings? Lack of communication with residents? Is this ideal used when it suits them or have the Lewes District Council formed a splinter group?

The old club will not be defeated by a small anti-football minority; we have come too far to give up hope now. It seems a lifetime ago when the battle to wrestle the club from the hands of Archer, Stanley and Bellotti raged on and The Albion played their last game at the Goldstone. We now face a different kind of foe intent on destroying the club. But hear this, we will never give up.

Roll on the elections and let us hope that the residents of Lewes District make the right choice.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't dwell too long on the fact that convicted felon Neighbour is far more violent than these mythical football yobs he is so keen to keep away from Falmer. Because if you do, you'll end up going round to his house and smashing his f*****g head in. And that would undermine the cause of the righteous.

:angel:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Good stuff BoF although I would change the line

I would contest that and suggest that the word any should be replaced by part of this latest.

TO

I would contest that and suggest that the word any should be replaced with part of this latest.

Also I don't think you need to refer to LDC as the LDC.

Other than that, post away!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Tooting Gull said:
Don't dwell too long on the fact that convicted felon Neighbour is far more violent than these mythical football yobs he is so keen to keep away from Falmer. Because if you do, you'll end up going round to his house and smashing his f*****g head in. And that would undermine the cause of the righteous.

:angel:
Convicted felon and former mayor of Telscombe. You learn something every day. I never knew Telscombe had a mayor! I thought it was (sings) just a small place near Peacehaven.
Yet Telscombe votes for the Al Capone of the beach huts who fights over bicycles, attacks women and MikeTysons their husband's ear.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
BoF. Don't forget all the skiing holiday delays along the way as well.

Second paragraph is a bit messy, but otherwise a great letter.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here