Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Martot

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Totally agree with that Spider. As you say he is a no-frills player, so that could well be why some people are not too taken aback by him. Certainly adds to the squad and we will need some backup with so many games in a relatively short space of time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think Martot has been pretty harshly slated on NSC. He's certainly not the revelations that Seb Carole or Bertin were, but he's been a solid player with flashes of brilliance who could be a decent player at this level when he's at his best. He's probably not of the calibre needed to storm the division, but then very few of our players are. Based on Robinson's performance against Millwall I would be seriously considering replacing him, and Martot would be a main candidate. Also with both Robinson and Cox's form rapidly deteriorating in general (as far as I'm concerned), a selection of wingers would be useful.

I say keep him, at least till the end of the season.

I say we need to get over this desperation to retain the services of nonentities. Martot, O'Callaghan and Richards are the scrapings off the bottom of the shoes of other clubs. Same goes for Bas Savage. These people are ten a penny and all we should be asking is that their replacements are as adequate, or preferably a tad more adequate. There's no money and no ambition at present, why lose sleep over it. So long as we turn out eleven players, stay out of administration andf get lucky in a cup competition now and again then life goes on. Heigh-ho :yawn:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So long as we turn out eleven players, stay out of administration andf get lucky in a cup competition now and again then life goes on. Heigh-ho :yawn:

Well said that man.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I think Martot has been pretty harshly slated on NSC. He's certainly not the revelations that Seb Carole or Bertin were, but he's been a solid player with flashes of brilliance who could be a decent player at this level when he's at his best. He's probably not of the calibre needed to storm the division, but then very few of our players are. Based on Robinson's performance against Millwall I would be seriously considering replacing him, and Martot would be a main candidate. Also with both Robinson and Cox's form rapidly deteriorating in general (as far as I'm concerned), a selection of wingers would be useful.

I say keep him, at least till the end of the season.

Sounds like a sensible course of action to me!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I say we need to get over this desperation to retain the services of nonentities. Martot, O'Callaghan and Richards are the scrapings off the bottom of the shoes of other clubs. Same goes for Bas Savage. These people are ten a penny and all we should be asking is that their replacements are as adequate, or preferably a tad more adequate. There's no money and no ambition at present, why lose sleep over it. So long as we turn out eleven players, stay out of administration andf get lucky in a cup competition now and again then life goes on. Heigh-ho :yawn:

What in the conference or Blue square south?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I understand what you are saying, but we need to keep things ticking over and keep this buoyant. Hell, the crowds have fallen enough as it is, without just accepting we are a duck egg for the time being. All four of those have added to our team and we integral in projecting us from relegation haunted favourites to a respectable midtable/(possibly) playoff candidate. They might not be good enough for other teams, but they are good enough for us and have turned the tide, albeit temporarily.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

The problem is though, where do you suppose we find all these wonderful Championship winning players that you obviously feel should be playing for Brighton? The fact is we can't afford a team of great players, so whilst we do have some class acts (Forster being the obvious example), we have to accept that some positions are going to be filled by players who can do their job. I just think people have fantasies that there is some large pool of great players to pick from, who are all willing to come to Brighton and be paid poor wages to play in a rundown stadium.

This won't always be the case, and from time to time we will be lucky enough to assemble a decent side (ie the promotion years), but for the time being we have to give the decent players a chance to make a place in the team. Martot is one such player, and who knows, if he gets a decent run in the side he might turn out to be one of our best players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here