Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Martot

One thing that was rather obvious about this player, just before he got subbed, was that his body language was an open book. He looked frustrated and a little confused.

The lad can play, so he should get his chin up and be steadfastly resolved to plug away. It's often going to feel frustrating being an Albion player in this division, and the crowd is never going to help (or stop being fickle, or stop voicing their frustration from the stands).

He's got to ignore that stuff, and keep plugging away at it. The results will come, and so will the passes and team-mate understanding. The fact that O'Callaghan has joined at the same time, is a great opportunity for Martot to also fit in and make his presence count.

bhafan

Aug 1, 2003
Burgess Hill
I for one thought he played quite well for a debut, getting to know how the team plays around him and getting used to the pace of the English game.

Thought his running off the ball was excellent and he got in a goal scoring position only to see Jakey take pot luck. Then he showed his frustartion.

He is quality and played much better in the 2nd half when he played wider and didn't get caught up in the central scramble.

Of the team today he shouldn't be criticised. Give him your support and he'll come good.:thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Did anyone else see Butters kick the bench when he came off?

he was punching it as well when he sat down. not a happy bunny!

thought the french kiddy was useful, but it is obviously going to take time to adjust. give him a run and see what he can do, from today i would say he is definently in our top four midfield players

I for one thought he played quite well for a debut, getting to know how the team plays around him and getting used to the pace of the English game.

Thought his running off the ball was excellent and he got in a goal scoring position only to see Jakey take pot luck. Then he showed his frustartion.

He is quality and played much better in the 2nd half when he played wider and didn't get caught up in the central scramble.

Of the team today he shouldn't be criticised. Give him your support and he'll come good.:thumbsup:

Agreed - and it would be outrageous to criticise him! No, if anything, Dean W should give him a good pep-talk and encourage him. He needs that above all, so he doesn't instantly feel alienated and confused before he's even settled in.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think he'll settle in, he got in some good positions.

Cultured sort of player, struck me as. Might come good, might not. Suspect he might fade badly a la Frutos.

That could indeed happen. If he thinks the results and rewards are instant, that he'll set the English league alight, and that he's going to hammer in 2 or 3 per game if everyone plays it his way.
If he is pragmatic, hard working, good training, works with his team-mates, and has a hard resolve to make a lasting impression rather than an instant one - then the Frutos comparison (or Bertin, come to that) can be avoided.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
On today's performance, deserves a bit of patience from us all.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thought he was shit.Time and time again they attacked down our right(Gower).Where was the cover for El-Abd? It seemed we never had a right sided player on the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here