Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lee - Taken from the Beeb

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Lee eyes new Albion deal

David Lee says he is playing for a new contract and promotion after making his first league start for Brighton in the 2-1 defeat at Sheffield Wednesday.
Lee, whose contract expires this summer, has been loaned out to Bristol Rovers and non-league Thurrock.

And he told BBC SCR: "I had a meeting in the week on a new contract and the boss said he's going to wait and see.

"It's touch and go, but hopefully I can stay in the team next week and put in a better performance."

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Why? Surely it's better to free up his wages for someone else who may contribute a little more to the team?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Appartently Grimsby were interested before the deadline day, sounds fishy to me.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Don't mess up the threads girls

David Lee is not deserving of a new contract. Yes, he hasn't played much and been given the opportunity to shine, but maybe because he's crap and is not deserving of a place?

Cheers Taylor for lumbering us with such a useless player. He's wages will be high, get rid I say

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Don't mess up the threads girls

David Lee is not deserving of a new contract. Yes, he hasn't played much and been given the opportunity to shine, but maybe because he's crap and is not deserving of a place?

Cheers Taylor for lumbering us with such a useless player. He's wages will be high, get rid I say

Have to agree, we're a football club and not a charity.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

No contract. No. No. No.

His performance Saturday was more than enough. Only once did he hit the space on the right for an attacking ball played over the top. The guy is definetly no winger and no tackling midfielder either. So what is the point in keeping him on ?

For chrissakes he wasn't even making Southends ressies before Taylor got him and even then it was only for emergency cover.

I'm sorry but he was static when attacking down the right and chasing shadows when we lost the ball. Totally inneffective.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lee seems quite optimistic in most recent articles.

You'd think he'd be desperate to go now. I hope he doesn't get a contract as firstly he doesn't actually deserve one and secondly it will get everyone right on McGhee's back if he does.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Harold said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

No contract. No. No. No.

His performance Saturday was more than enough. Only once did he hit the space on the right for an attacking ball played over the top. The guy is definetly no winger and no tackling midfielder either. So what is the point in keeping him on ?

For chrissakes he wasn't even making Southends ressies before Taylor got him and even then it was only for emergency cover.

I'm sorry but he was static when attacking down the right and chasing shadows when we lost the ball. Totally inneffective.

Southend's reserves ? You're confusing him with another Taylor misfit, Damien Webb. Lee was a straight swap for Mathew Wicks, form Hull.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I try to not have a pop at players who don't perform, but I'm afraid Lee is just not good enough.

I just hope Mark McGhee's comment "I should have made a change and didn't and it's cost us a point" was referring to him.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
pasty said:
I try to not have a pop at players who don't perform, but I'm afraid Lee is just not good enough.

I just hope Mark McGhee's comment "I should have made a change and didn't and it's cost us a point" was referring to him.

I suspect he was refering to Knight again but hesitated as it was Wednesday we were playing. Could have been Lee though.

Yoda

English & European
From what I saw Sat. No pace, No control, No anticipation and the only decent passes were when Wednesday weren't putting him under ANY pressure.:glare:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
bhaexpress said:
Southend's reserves ? You're confusing him with another Taylor misfit, Damien Webb. Lee was a straight swap for Mathew Wicks, form Hull.

Thought that was Daniel Webb, David Webbs boy ?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
bhaexpress said:

You are right of course. Got confused with a different Div 3 side for whom he wasn't playing. It was indeed Hull although he was formerly with Sarfend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here