Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lee makes Full League Debut

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
You lot make me laugh on here. Not one of you give Lee a chance you just want to slag him off at every opportunity. Its easy to say he played shit etc etc. Why not give him a chance? I seem to remember the same thing happening with Butters, now all of a sudden he is one of our best players.

What did you expect Lee to do today, suddenly turn into Giggs or something?? He had no help all game, we were defending for the whole of the second half and we didn't really get forward. I thought he showed a few good touches and didn't play to badly.

Why not Slag Knight off? He was absolutly pony the whole game. Didn't get near the ball all game and if we were still playing now he wouldn't score.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
i thought jones was the only one of the non back 4 who looked up for it.

oatway, lee, lumo, knight, and chippie (apart from the goal!) were completely shite today.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yorkie said:
I remember one good pass and that was it :rolleyes:
i think he went to shoot , but messed up completely :lolol:

Last edited:

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Silver flying chariot said:
You lot make me laugh on here. Not one of you give Lee a chance you just want to slag him off at every opportunity. Its easy to say he played shit etc etc. Why not give him a chance?
Because he's shit and should be playing for Thurrock...

Reserves

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
the thing that pissed me off was in the 2nd half when someone passed the ball to lee on the edge of the box, he made absolutley no attempt to even look at the goal or to pass it to someone in the box and instead passed it 20 yards backwards. muppet.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
king Wombat said:
the thing that pissed me off was in the 2nd half when someone passed the ball to lee on the edge of the box, he made absolutley no attempt to even look at the goal or to pass it to someone in the box and instead passed it 20 yards backwards. muppet.

I commented on that too.

The one pass I saw which was a good one was right across the field, square, because he noticed Jonah was in space and it did set up an attack.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Silver flying chariot said:
Why not Slag Knight off? He was absolutly pony the whole game. Didn't get near the ball all game and if we were still playing now he wouldn't score.
McGhee should have taken Knight off too as he looked completely disinterested.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Lee has no pace, no positional awareness and no guile.

When he dribbles with the ball he never looks like beating his opponent.

He reminds me a bit of Andy Ansah, but without the ability.

My half-blind rabbit could have done better than him today.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
king Wombat said:
the biggest problem we have is lack of wingers who will take players on and whip in crosses, at the moment the back 4 get the ball and hoof it.

That was the way Wednesday forced us to play today by running onto everything.

We did just that at Chesterfield, Jones and Hart were taking players on and getting the crosses in.

Give credit where credit is due. Wednesday ran for everything and battled for everything today.
They wore us down and forced us to hoof it.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Yorkie said:
Give credit where credit is due. Wednesday ran for everything and battled for everything today.
They wore us down and forced us to hoof it.
Wednesday were very poor IMHO. We aren't very good and won't be very good all the time McGhee continues to maintain that our midfield is fine.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Falmer Dream said:
Wednesday were very poor IMHO. We aren't very good and won't be very good all the time McGhee continues to maintain that our midfield is fine.
AGREE
we need a midfield
Chippy, Hart and Rodger plus Harding would be good
then we need to sort out the left back!

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
at chesterfield, 1st goal was from a corner, 2nd from a 30 yard pile driver, I don't remember seeing a huge amount of crosses.

jones is far too inconsistent, and whilst i think harts great, hes never been the type of player to take the ball past a few players and then whip in a cross

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Give Lee a break, he was signed as nothing more than a squad player and today he was not very good, but no worse than many others

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
What could anyone really have expected from David Lee ?
How was he going to last a whole game at that level,he hasn't played a full league game for how long ?
But he must have impressed all week at training etc for McGhee to pick him in front of Reid or Piercy.
Was he any worse then all the others ? Knight,Oatway,Jones ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here