Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lee - Are you on the Bandwagon ??

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tirkey I really admire you Blue & White tinted glasses and I have never seen you post anything other than the Albion are the greatest team in the world but David Lee is a professioal fooballer getting paid by the Albion ( for our wages ) and if you are excited by the fact he " made a pass down the flank " and " made a cross " I think your expectations are quite low. It is not that difficult to pass a ball 20 yards to someone else.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think that's a little harsh. I just try to look at the bigger picture. The expectations of some fans seems to be that we should be the best team in the world..

I just try to focus on what is good rather than what is bad.

To claim I'm excited by David Lee is a bit of an exageration. I simply pointed out that in my opinion he played okay. I picked out those two moments because at the time I felt they were good passes. I don't think Peter Ali could have done that. Everyone else is exagerating. I'm just being sensible.

I don't think I have low expectations but I think a lot of people have expectations the team can never meet.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rougvie said:
I would rather be a simpleton than a moron who stands up and subjects his team and manager to riduculous and needless abuse. (not saying that about you Tom in case any simpletons misunderstand !!).

If that brands me a kiss ass then so be it.

This thread was for illustration purposes only, I dont think I blindly follow the Albion and am as critical as the next man, but sometimes we have a habit of taking it just a bit too far !

do you think all that abuse he got on friday would have motivated him or demotvated him? how does any one expect him to play well with the cries of your shit coming from the stands every time he gets the ball?

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Didn't Guy Butters get loads of abuse, Isn't he do ok now ? Made captain in DC absence.
Don't know if the anti Lee brigade has watched any reserve games but the ones I've seen he has always played well and tried very hard and deserves a chance.If after he has played a few games then McGhee will not play him.He has been fair with Piercy and he looks more confident now he has been given a chance.If Mark McGhee thinks Lee is upto it then he will get my backing.
How can so many be anti Lee when they have probably never seen him play ?
Quite often it is a clash of personalities between players and managers and maybe Lee will improve under McGhee given the chance.
I will wait on my judgement until he has played a few first team games.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Pitcher never rearly got a chance and has great ability and robinson seems to be shoved right at the back and is not even a sub these days.

Yet we bring on players who have no ability:lolol: :clap:

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Ahhh, the David Lee debate rumbles on. I have a number of problems with the player as follows;

a) Several months ago he had the chance to leave the club permanently for the 3rd division but he refused to go unless the Albion paid up his contract in full, on the basis of this I have no respect for him as a person.

b) I have even less respect for playing abilities, coming out of Loftus Road I was speaking to a guy (seemed genuine, and had no reason to doubt him) who was from Thurrock who claimed that Lee was not even good enough for them when recently on loan there. It is no coincidence that we looked a much better team when he left the pitch at QPR.

c) The fact that he is a Peter Taylor signing merely compounds the whole problem (i.e. Taylors propensity for handing out undeservedly large contracts to players, directly leading to point 'a' above)

There! first post complete, and as a so called 'newbie' I now expect to be ridiculed for having a non pro Albion opinion and to be cyberly torn limb from limb......

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I have watched David Lee several times now and, IMHO, he is a div 3 player at best... simply lacks the ability to shine in this div... if our resources were not severly depleted, he would not be in the first team squad, but they are, so he is...

While he is wearing the stripes, he gets my support... the so-called fans who gave him such a poor reception should hang their heads in shame... give the lad a chance...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Sorry but Lee is shite, theres no debate about it.

Id never shout it out at a game though.

But he shouldnt be near the squad let alone the 14.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Gareth Glover said:
I think your expectations are quite low. It is not that difficult to pass a ball 20 yards to someone else.

So we expect this from David Lee and slag him off before he has even touched the ball, yet Zesh Rehman didn't seem capable of this all night and he is on loan from a Prem team! Also, I recall that Piercy was pretty dreadful the first few times he played in the first team as a sub.

Although I would agree that Lee hasn't shown promise so far, give the bloke a chance. It does take a little time to step up from the reserves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here