Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Lee - Are you on the Bandwagon ??

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Couldnt believe the shit coming out of some 'fans' last night

The most bizarre coming from a woman sitting a few rows behind me who turned to her spouse and asked him 'Who's David Lee'. He then turned round to her and said 'Dunno'

Another bloke then said to her, 'oh he's shit apparently'

She then shouts 'Wots Lee coming on for, he's shit !!'

No wonder our recent record of bringing players through is pretty poor when we have retards in the stands of that calibre.

And she wasnt in the minority, I felt pretty ashamed of the rumble of discontent when Lee came on, ok at the time he should really have been swapped with Rehman (who up till then was pathetic) but it wasnt his fault, and after that reception the guy did pretty well.

Most of us know, the next Zamora he aint, but if some twats at withdean are not on some sort of Bandwagon, then it aint been a good game as far as they are concerned

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
:bowdown: :bowdown: David Lee :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If they were blue and white.....and there not QPR then im behind them 100%! I was livid at the amout of abuse the team got yesterday...especially from this ugly dog faced mut behind me who said '[insert players name] is f***ing shit' every f***ing minute!

As for david lee, good luck, he's got alot to prove though.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I aint saying he is good Fatboy, just that he deserves his chance.

Well said, Rougvie.

I thought Lee only did one disappointing thing - Vale were on the attack and the ball broke down on the edge of our penalty area. He had a chance to thread a 25-ish yard pass to initiate a counterattack. He under-hit it and the chance was lost. But it was a difficult pass and apart from Yeates I don't know how many of our guys would nail it consistently. Very harsh to be too critical of Lee given the time he had - he worked hard and backed up his midfield partners OK I thought in his limited time.

The f-ing and blinding against Ben Roberts was a shame - most fans surely got it right by just having a chuckle at that throw howler, he did recover it after all and then saved our asses right at the end.

I know it was a dreadful evening, but did so many people have to scarper before the final whistle? I was struck at how a number of our players were staring at the mass exodus, and this was before Littlejohn had his final chance to steal the game. A battling performance against a team only 3 pts behind us in the table deserved better.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dont quite agree with that statement, he has looked reasonable over the past few reserve matches I have seen, and it must be in all our interests when a player performs well in the reserves that he gets the chance to at least make it into the first team squad.

Surely that will be the incentive to Jakey, Dan Harding and others ?? McGhee should be aplauded, not derided for this policy

Em, also last time I looked we are not exactly flush for options

Last edited:

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
lee is an extremely frustrating player. qpr in the ldv he seemed to show little interest. wants to do the pretty stuff but not get stuck in. at least with OGH you know it means something. this division is full of teams who are going to battle for 90 minutes and thats all that fans ask for. (well apart from 3 points)

getting on the backs of the players is not the answer. however i still feel last night may have been points dropped as opposed to a good point in difficult conditions. the 3 games coming up are vital to maintain the momentum, a slip up and the pack are closing.

as for this mass exodus thing, it is starting to get on my tits. not only is it a pain in the arse if you are watching, god only knows how the players feel when they see it happening. and they must see it. i sat in the north stand last night - still got wet - and its incredible to see. withdean is shit of that there is no doubt, but its all we got until falmer. cant see the point of leaving a game early.

i just keep reminding myself that we are all lucky to be seeing the club playing in brighton and how far the albion have come in such a short space of time.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Never seen anything from Lee to suggest he remotely resembles a footballer. We can't all be wrong, but thru' no fault of his own his ineptness was brought under even closer scrutiny last night cos for heaven alone knows what reason our best player, Jones, was taken off and Lee became the butt also of that particular frustration.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I really am sick of some of our fans. They just wind me up big time. Lee played reasonably well. Put in a good cross and a good pass down the flank I recall. We always have to moan. :nono:

3rd in the league and people are unhappy. We had people such as Trigger at the start of the season predicting us finishing 14th or something.

We played well on Friday. I don't give a monkey's what anyone else says or thinks! We've got a load of players any club in this division would love to have in their squads: Roberts, Kuipers, Cullip, Blackwell, Carpenter, Rodger, Knight.

Grrr.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Turkey said:
We've got a load of players any club in this division would love to have in their squads: Roberts, Kuipers, Cullip, Blackwell, Carpenter, Rodger, Knight.

Grrr. [/B]

Of which 5 are injured, one has a suspension pending and the other is a clown.

Filling in for them we have the likes of Lee, Keeley, Pethick, Watson and Rehman. Would any club love to have them in their squad?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Well you have to face it, we are a Division 2 team, and the playing budget does refect that in the squad as a whole.

Pethick has not really let us down, although by no means inspirational, has probably played in more positions than anyone else this season.

It wasnt long ago Watson and Rehman were being raved about, and John Keeley is doing his best in a difficult situation.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought Lee ran around like somebody who'd won his squad number in an online auction on Friday.

And that constant hoofing of the ball in the second half was just plain pathetic, irrespective of the playing conditions (which were the same for both sides) and won't win us jackshit.

Guess I'll just have to disgree with the happy-clappy simpleton sentiments of some folk on here for now. Sorry.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Watson should be in the first team. Rehman is a good player. Pethick is dependable. Lee is unproven. Keeley is a stand in but no worse than Packham.

Knight will miss one game. Hardly a long absense. The players are there. The stand in's are doing pretty well. I don't think we'll get auto-promotion so there is every chance we'll be in this league next season. Keep the bulk of the squad together. Let McGhee stamp his mark on the squad and we'll go up.

It's about the present. We played well on friday. I can see us dropping points in the next few games. Support them whatever though.

Have we been spoilt? Going up to D1 so soon. If we had had our year of consilidation in D2 is we thought. We would be well chuffed with 3rd this season.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Tom Hark said:
Guess I'll just have to disgree with the happy-clappy simpleton sentiments of some folk on here for now. Sorry.

I would rather be a simpleton than a moron who stands up and subjects his team and manager to riduculous and needless abuse. (not saying that about you Tom in case any simpletons misunderstand !!).

If that brands me a kiss ass then so be it.

This thread was for illustration purposes only, I dont think I blindly follow the Albion and am as critical as the next man, but sometimes we have a habit of taking it just a bit too far !

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rougvie said:
I would rather be a simpleton than a moron who stands up and subjects his team and manager to riduculous and needless abuse. (not saying that about you Tom in case any simpletons misunderstand !!).

If that brands me a kiss ass then so be it.

This thread was for illustration purposes only, I dont think I blindly follow the Albion and am as critical as the next man, but sometimes we have a habit of taking it just a bit too far !

Fair do's Rougvie. I think mindless abuse is completely out of order also. Reserve the right to slag off the mindless hoofing upfield tho.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Turkey said:

Have we been spoilt? Going up to D1 so soon. If we had had our year of consilidation in D2 is we thought. We would be well chuffed with 3rd this season.

No we wouldn't!

This league is shit-the worst is has been for a long time. There are no big spenders left-the likes of Wigan and Cardiff are up, no decent big clubs-Sheffield Wednesday etc are shit, and the teams that came down last year are also shit.

QPR and Plymouth are the best of a bad bunch.

I bet the top 15 in Division 3 would survive comfortably in this Division-so have we really progressed?

Regardless of whether we stay up next year we should be making sure we get promotion this year.

Learning from out mistakes from last time and I reckon we could stay up in Division 1.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
And no offence taken, I didn't start the thread for 20 or so people to agree with me, I leave that to others.

Oh, and I also havent forgotten about that Stella:drink:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Would Marney have coped with two games in the space of three days ??

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
David Lee just didn't cut the mustard. i know the team are short of options at the moment, but he's now been under four managers, and still not even a regular on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here