Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dAVID jAMES IN GOAL ..AND....

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
david james cant play 4 england again, Robinson, green and kirkland are all much better.

It is actually very good, that James surely will now be crossed off the squad from now.
Watch for the "I defend David James, he was not at fault" from Svenster - but the facts are there to be seen (again).

What's up with Ashley Cole too, he's obviously been way over-rated in the recent past.

As with ALL England managers, they have to keep up with things and NOT keep sticking with their favourite old names that they pencil in for every game when their performances show nothing to warrant an England place.

No, strike that,- the F.A. need to keep up with things and not keep useless managers after their sell-by date has expired.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I thought Ashley Cole was okay - but in the 2nd half the rest of the defence and David James were abysmal. HOw can Glen Johnson be anywhere near the England squad? - he's a joke. Also, is it just me or is Jamie Carragher the most over rated player in England?!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Formerly Known as DEZ said:
I thought Ashley Cole was okay - but in the 2nd half the rest of the defence and David James were abysmal. HOw can Glen Johnson be anywhere near the England squad? - he's a joke. Also, is it just me or is Jamie Carragher the most over rated player in England?!

I think Carragher plays well for Liverpool but cant make that step up to international football, agree with Cole & especially Johnson.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
jamie carragher is class mate did you see liverpool play last year?

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i havent got time for Owen, Sven keeps picking him when he is playing shit, he needs to stop using the same players and mix around abit

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I listened to the commentators continually blow everything he did out of all proportion. Any simple interception was greeted with crys of "oh there's Carragher again, he's a colosus etc etc". I also saw him ripped to shreds in the first half of the Champions League final. He's very average if you ask me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Jamie Carragher is very overrated i agree, thought Ashley Cole was the only one who actually gave a shit during the embarrassing 2nd half. A joke performance the less said about James the better

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
I listened to the commentators continually blow everything he did out of all proportion. Any simple interception was greeted with crys of "oh there's Carragher again, he's a colosus etc etc". I also saw him ripped to shreds in the first half of the Champions League final. He's very average if you ask me.
but in the second half he saved liverpool so many times with last ditch tackles, im not saying he should start but he should be giving a chance.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
StevieV said:
yea ashley cole was our best player. worked harder than anyone else :clap:

I reckon Rooney might dispute that statement.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
i would rather a player not be very skilled but run his nuts off for his country, than be some overpaid tart that cant be bothered cos its a friendly:angry:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Stevie_boy said:
i havent got time for Owen, Sven keeps picking him when he is playing shit, he needs to stop using the same players and mix around abit

I'm the last one to defend Sven, but what you just said there, is bollocks.

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
Owen is a class player who is obviosuly not confident at the mo due to being sub for real madrid. James was so shit.....robo green and kirkland the 3 keeps i reckon:)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
James, 35, said: "Because I knew I wasn't going to start I did not do my starting preparations - but you should always prepare to play.

Right. Well you'd think he should know that by now. This was his last chance imho, I hope he never wears the shirt again now.

"Maybe I can get away with this one because it is a friendly and has no bearing on qualification"

f*** off:angry: :angry:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
magoo said:
I'm the last one to defend Sven, but what you just said there, is bollocks.
Not entirely.
One of the main problems with this England manager is that most of the players are in too much of a comfort zone. They don't have to play for their places - they know damn well that Sven will pick them regardless of form, or even fitness. Eriksson has already said as much, he's guaranteed Owen and Beckhams places in the starting lineup already for the World Cup, and thats 10 months away !! It leads to the kind of gutless, lazy performances that we saw last night.

"s'alright, its only a friendly" is the attitude with England (and not just the team, many of the supporters too). Well you don't see Italy, Germany, Holland etc trotting around as though its a training match. They use these games as serious preperation, which is why we are always playing catch-up when the serious stuff starts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here