Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David James - hard to figure out

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If Kirkland manages to play for a full season I have no doubt he is by far the best English Keeper around and will be in the side.

Commands his area well, comes for crosses and is huge !

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
Easy 10 said:
WHY does he never put a defender on the post ? We saw with Zidanes free kick what a difference it could have made.

I'm not sure he thinks about he could let in less goals. He reacts to situations rather than take command. I think it all comes a bit too easy to him - so he doesn't make the most of his talents.

Indefatigable

Mar 23, 2004
Marshy said:
If Kirkland manages to play for a full season I have no doubt he is by far the best English Keeper around and will be in the side.

Commands his area well, comes for crosses and is huge !

I hope so, because we need a top keeper to get close to winning a tournament.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Indefatigable said:

He is a bright enough bloke (although from Football Diaries not as bright as he would like to think he is), but he has no real interest in the game, and in being the best.

Well there you go you see I thought after FD that he is far more intelligent than I thought, or maybe I just stereo typed all GK'ers as thick.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
driddles said:
Hell with it. Just "Naturalize" someone like every other Country does.

good plan. i nominate Mark Poom.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Indefatigable said:
I hope so, because we need a top keeper to get close to winning a tournament.

As per one of my previous threads, until Englands players stop acting like superstar, millionare, prima- donnas (see Holland/France) and starting working for each other as a team rather than for their own ego's we will never win anything!!

GUARANTEED!!!

:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here