Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David James Englands no.1?

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
Agree that Robinson is our best option at present - made a couple of good saves on Saturday. Would improve with a decent defence in front of him, but unlikely to get that Spurs.
James never fills you with confidence. Makes some good saves, but then so did Perry Digweed!
Many think that Green at Norwich is a good prospect. I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion.
Hopefully we should have at least two or three options for the next world cup, if we qualify.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
spidey said:
Agree that Robinson is our best option at present - made a couple of good saves on Saturday. Would improve with a decent defence in front of him, but unlikely to get that Spurs.
James never fills you with confidence. Makes some good saves, but then so did Perry Digweed!
Many think that Green at Norwich is a good prospect. I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion.
Hopefully we should have at least two or three options for the next world cup, if we qualify.

king naybet and finnan when he signs is a pretty decent defence

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I've heard good things about Robert Green at Norwich & I hope he does well.

James has always got a clanger up his sleeve.

Plus he is a feckin' primo-donna tosser & full time member of the clique that needs sorting out.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
smudge said:
I've heard good things about Robert Green at Norwich & I hope he does well.

James has always got a clanger up his sleeve.

Plus he is a feckin' primo-donna tosser & full time member of the clique that needs sorting out.

i know what you mean, the untouchables in the england squad do need to be sorted

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
kinkygerbil said:
king naybet and finnan when he signs is a pretty decent defence

Fingers crossed here, but Naybet looks class, exactly the experienced leader and unruffled organiser in defence Spurs need, with King and Gardner talented but quiet and sometimes a bit sloppy.

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
Think You'll find Keane was out for at least 10 games when Hoddle was there - that's when he was going to buy Zamora but ended up playing Gary Doherty up front.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Keano got injured for Ireland about this time last year, missed just under a month (seems to recover quicker than expected), while Kanootaaay was out for a few weeks. Hence Zamora thrown in earlier than expected.
Also, early months of 2003, Keane was injured for a few weeks, not too long at all by Spurs standards, while Tottenham managed in the transfer window to get rid of Ferdinand and Rebrov and fail at the last minute to sign Michael Ricketts. Felt farcical at the time, hindsight suggests we survived and should probably be grateful. . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here